Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus or Ryanair?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Neither, ta.
    Ryanair.
    Aer Lingus seems to be on strike half the time.
    At least Ryanair, rarely cancel flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Neither, ta.
    Ryanair... a Mc Donalds with wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Neither, ta.
    I fly between Ireland and Scotland very regularly - I find there's no noticeable difference between the two other than the fact Ryanair are pretty much never delayed and Aer Lingus seem to be delayed about half the times I fly with them, so for that reason I'd rate Ryanair more highly, but in reality I choose whoever has the most convenient and cheap flight for the times I want to travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Neither, ta.
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ryanair
    Aer Lingus, coz I'm a 15 min train journey from Brussels airport instead of an hour drive from Charleroi, so the small difference in price evens out, and Brussels is heaven compared to Charleroi. Plus flying with Aer Lingus is a nicer experience in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Ryanair
    daveirl wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

People may queue up for the jobs, but it's not everything it says on the tin. Colleagues of mine who have worked for Ryanair paint a picture that is not at all rosy; that suggests that however horrible the idea of working for Ryanair sounds, on the inside it's even worse.

Ryanair are playing on the hopes and dreams (it may be sad, but there are many who dream of being crew) of young people, and these people have to pay for training which is provided free of charge by every other airline in the UK and Ireland. They essentially have to pay for a job, as cabin crew training is airline specific and your crew qualification with one airline cannot be transferred to another.

This is, of course, personal opinion and I may be biased as I work in the industry and have many friends who work/have worked for Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Ryanair
    Thought I might as well give this a bump. Aer Lingus for the comfort offered, punctuality and for leaving you somewhere resembling where you want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Ryanair
    Aer Lingus for the majority of my traveling, although I do use Ryanair the odd time to go to places where Aer Lingus don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ryanair
    aer lingus. purely cos there isnt that scrum at boarding. its horrible, people just turn into such p*icks when there is a rush for the "good" seats..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Neither, ta.
    Ryanair for knowing you'll leave closer to the stated time than Air Lingus, although the latter is more comfier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Ryanair
    crisco10 wrote: »
    aer lingus. purely cos there isnt that scrum at boarding. its horrible, people just turn into such p*icks when there is a rush for the "good" seats..

I think the whole scrum thing is an Irish thing :), flying bmi with assigned seats even though they normally board by seat number their always seems to be a big dash and despite appeals people still block other people at the gate.

Anyway it is bmi for me over both Aer Lingus and Ryanair though depending on how things work out over bmi being sold it could be back to Aer Lingus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Ryanair
    EI for me...I've been converted!
    -Seats that I can fall asleep in
    -Assigned seats
    -Proper customer care
    -Fly to proper airports
    -Friendly flight deck and cabin crew.

Costs a little bit more usually but its worth it. The FR expierience is just gone too miserable.

Aslong as Mannion doesent go to far down the Irish Ferries route, and the staff don't become any more militant, EI will keep being my 1st choice. Sometimes I feel SIPTU and co forget whos paying theiir wages at the end of the day.

Aer Arann still knock the pants off both of them though!:D

To see how low cost flying is meant to be::p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akzimZBU9E

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ryanair
    Aer Lingus for the assigned seating, more professionalism, fly to Glasgow Airport and the planes are painted green

Ryanair for the cheapness of the deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Ryanair for the cheaper fares, punctuality and lack of fuss. They'll get ya where you want to go safely and (most of the time) without any delay! Ok the cabin crew don't lick your arse but its a flight not a leisure centre :) Would you expect the same service on a bus?? Planes and flights are the same, just scaled up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Aer Lingus would be my preference. Opt for Ryanair only if time and location suit, because there's rarely much of a price advantage.

Advertisement