Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling value dropping

Options
  • 19-12-2007 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I have £8k sitting in an English bank account, ive noticed thesterling is dropping in value against the Euro. Is now a good time to take the money out and convert it to Euros?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Well the BOE have dropped rates a bit and will do so more hence it'll drop in value against the euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Will it go back up, or is now a good time to change it over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I reckon sterling will weaken further as BOE are due to cut rates further due to impending housing crash over there.
    In my view sterling has peaked and euro rates will be steady though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Cyrstal ball stuff! Not been negative, just realistic. Seems relatively stable at the moment, so I would suggest you go for it.

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Cyrstal ball stuff! Not been negative, just realistic. Seems relatively stable at the moment, so I would suggest you go for it.

Go for it as in change it to euros?
    I have 8k, i reckon i'll put 4k into euros and leave the other 4k for when i buy a car over there in the coming months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Rate has gone from .68 before Xmas to .74 today. Not so good at the moment, but great for anyone needing to buy sterling - i.e. more shopping in Newry.
    Check out some of the main banks web pages about their forecasts for the rate over the coming weeks.

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Rate has gone from .68 before Xmas to .74 today. Not so good at the moment, but great for anyone needing to buy sterling - i.e. more shopping in Newry.
    Check out some of the main banks web pages about their forecasts for the rate over the coming weeks.

Its been climbing up from .68 over the last couple of months to a present .74

Most people are of the opinion to get it into Euros asap as the sterling is going to continue to decrease.

Advertisement