Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steve Martin Book

Options
  • 19-12-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

For any fans of Steve Martin (his standup shows in the late seventies, early eighties were fantastic) he has a great autobiography out about his standup years up to when he quit in the early eighties. Great present for any comedy fans. Just finished it last night and loved it. Only in hardback at the moment though unfortunately so more expensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Altar_Ego_Boy

is it actually funny to read?

i read a couple of extracts in a magazine and he came across as kinda serious...i was hopin it would be laugh-out-loudish

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Its an autobiography of his standup years so there is some serious stuff in there as he talks about growing up and struggling to make it in standup but theres also a lot of funny stuff in there and he goes through the evolution of some of his gags. I got a hold of an mp3 of one of his comedy albums and its fantastic relating the book to the show.

I wouldn't rate it as laugh-out-loudish but still a great read.

Advertisement