Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little advice please?

Options
  • 19-12-2007 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

I'd really like to know where I stand on this one.

I bought a quite expensive LCD TV earlier this year. After taking it home, I plugged it in and had problems straight away - it wouldn't turn on "fully". Eventually we realised that I'd been given the wrong amp plug (which came packaged with the TV). So I got the correct plug from the store. Problem solved.

After only a few days I realised that the screen was a little "off" and there were quite a few dead pixels. I mentioned this to the shop and they replaced the TV. So another problem, but again, a problem solved.

6 months later, my TV started to make a high pitched noise. So again, I go back to the shop and they take it away for repair. I was told I'd have it back in about 10 days, but it's gone almost a month now. If it's not here by Friday, I'll obviously not see it til a week or so after the Xmas.

So I'm wondering where to I stand in terms of a refund? The whole process has caused me way too much hassle at this point. I bought the TV in March of this year. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

it is guaranteed for a year at least so you as the consumer have rights and this delay in repairing is quite unacceptable.

you should approach the store calmly and ask them if it is reasonable to be without use of your purchase for over a month? and ask how they plan to deal with this issue.

they may already be communicating with the manufacturer to get you a replacement or your tv may still be sitting in their store room untouched since you brought it back?

Advertisement