Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipod nano v3 question

• 19-12-2007 5:14pm

I've bought a 4gb one of these as a pressie but something has just dawned on me....how do you charge them? Will the person I'm giving it to need a computer? I've never bought an ipod before....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Typically they're charged through the computer they are connected to, though plug adapters can be bought to make them wall chargeable. And yes, the person receiving will need to own a computer, thats how they transfer the music onto it!

lol yes :) well i was going to transfer the music on it when it was needed. But if they have to rely on me for charging it then that's too much....do you have an eBay link for one of the plug adapters please?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

you can buy them in most electrical shops or just ebay "ipod usb charger"

by the way when transferring songs onto the nano can I just drag and drop or do I need to install software? I think I've seen while browsing other threads that I have to use Itunes? Is this true?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

yeah you have to use software, itunes is one option, there are a few other options too like media monkey or winamp

• Advertisement
Advertisement