Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sikth/Dillinger Escape Plan/ "Math Metal"

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

Kharn wrote: »
    Why has no one mentioned Converge in this thread? AWESOME band! Check out Jane Doe - my favourite album of theirs.

I don't know if they're as mathematical as others mentioned, definitely some elements...but I absolutely adore them. Can't stop listening to 'you fail me' as of late. Definitely worth a listen if you like the others.

Was listening to Jane Doe. Thought a resurrection of this thread would be fitting. I ****ing adore this type of music. Keep it goin' lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I love DEP at the moment,I think Ire works is a lot better than miss machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Dillinger are my favourite band. They have evolved beyond math core. Every Time I Die's Last Night in Town Album is better than any DEP album, but they went rapidly downhill after that. Ire Works was amazing.

I'd be in the opposite camp. Admittedly though, I didn't give Ire Works as much time as miss machine. Are they writing new material at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Bit sad to hear that Sikth have split up. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'd be in the opposite camp. Admittedly though, I didn't give Ire Works as much time as miss machine. Are they writing new material at the moment?

I know most of the older fans are annoyed at how they changed styles but if they had released another "calculating infinty" I think it would get a bit repetitive.
    I think with all the crazy stuff from their back catalogue it's not much harm to throw in a few more "mellow" (by DEP standards) tunes to stop it from getting tiring.

And yes,they are recording a new album :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Sikth are without a doubt up there as one of my all time favourite bands. Pure genius, excellent music.

Just to plug my mates a bit, they recorded with Dan and Justin in WellarHill, you must know them at this stage. Hero In Error Both Dan and Justin feature on the recordings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I think that your own bnd(if your in red enemy as your name would suggest) and hero in error are doing a fairly bitchin job at flying the flag for irish metal at ze moment.

Now going back on topic, yeah im in a similar position, got obsessed on the likes of sikth/dillenger/meshuggah/tesseract/periphery/bulb type of music recently. Noone else i know really likes math metal so its a kinda frustrating thing when i try to throw a cd on and everyone else says to turn off that ****e.

A band you should really check out are Architects. There new album hollow crown should be RIGHT up your alley.

I got very bored of Architects, used to be really into them. It's a Sikth attempt with Comeback Kid vocals.

You should without hesitation, everyone, check out Textures. Seriously, also Tesseract.

• Advertisement

I got very bored of Architects, used to be really into them. It's a Sikth attempt with Comeback Kid vocals.

You should without hesitation, everyone, check out Textures. Seriously, also Tesseract.

Also, people will inevitably enjoy After The Burial, you don't get much more tech than that. For me, I need a bit more feeling in the sound of an album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

If you want some lighter airier stuff but still tech you should try The Human Abstract, Protest the Hero, Cynic and Between the Buried and Me.

I've been giving Ire Works more of my time recently. Greg's voice is absolutely great. In a way, I'd love for them to do a double cd, one side being chaotic, the other being more representative of their alternative leanings.

Tarzan_man wrote: »
    If you want some lighter airier stuff but still tech you should try The Human Abstract, Protest the Hero, Cynic and Between the Buried and Me.

Good call, these bands are pretty damn tech. If covers are your thing (with a tech twist) check out BTBAM, not my cup of tea but they have a pretty strong fanbase.

PTH are like the mainstream version of maths.

Advertisement