Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fashion advice?

• 19-12-2007 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im making a new "me" at the moment and i need some advice about clothes, hair etc.

I've always worn the same type/colours of clothes. Blue jeans, dubarry decks or black slip ons, stripe shirt (mainly cause thats all the shops sell at the moment, although i do have 2 nice black shirts)

I've red hair too, cut short every 3 weeks and id like to get it done. Add colour maybe, not highlights though, maybe lowlights. How would that go with red?

Anyone any tips or places i could go to get good advice?
    Im willing to spend a good bit too.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

Im half thinking of heading off to the states for a weekend in january and buying loads of stuff.
    But ideally id like to get advice before i go so that i can do it right.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

are you m/f, and what age group ish? Makes it a little easier. But really look around and see what sort of clothes do you like on other people, or do you look at at and say 'I wish I could wear that' and work form there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

what famous person would you most associate with the style that you'd really like to have?

dammit! I had a big reply typed out and lost it

Im male and fairly unique...
    maybe along the lines of justin, without the hats/ties. I do like figure huggin shirts. Not muscle tops or anything, just the right size.

Im male and pretty unique id say. lol!

I cant really think of anyone that id like to dress like. Maybe Justin, but not the vests and tie's and hat n all.

For example colours? What goes with what? What goes with red hair? I like black. I hate the white stripey stuff everyone wears.

Recently i've been wearing black slip on shoes, (actually i hate them, cheapo river island pair with leprechaun toes, getting new ones today) blue jeans, black figure hugging shirt (I've 2, very expensive but i LOVE them, Overworn now. Need a change), and a white canvas belt (For some reason i always knew this was wrong, but i just couldne be arsed changing it)

So i reckon im gonna go with, new black slip on shoes, neat, expensive.
    Casual shoes, like those nushu's they sell in RI
    Black or Blue jeans or both
    A couple of belts. to match the shoes. A neat black one, a black one with nice distinctive buckle, and a white canvas one to go with the nushu's
    A couple of shirts. Def not stripey, maybe a g-star black or green, maybe a short sleeved one
    A g-star canvas jacket. Maybe a dark green one?
    Some accessories too maybe, a nice chain, wrist strap or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Brown goes with red too, and lowlights look cool. Just make sure your hair isnt' cut too short if you're getting them done, it'll look like youre trying too hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Nice deep blues go very well with red hair too; dark royal blue ornavy or even teal or petrol blue.

Advertisement