Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

electric window (02-laguna)

Options
  • 19-12-2007 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello,

Does anyone know of anyone that can fix the passenger door electric window ? The motor seems to work - but the cable which pulls the window up / down has snapped. So the cable needs to be replaced.

Renault being renault want to charge a lot for the repair...

Thanks,..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

psyconia wrote: »
    So the cable needs to be replaced

Had the same problem, but my mechanic wasn't interested in replacing the cable. He insisted to replace the whole lifting mechanism

The bad news is that the part could cost a couple of hundred and then there's the labour. You could get the part in a dismantlers but the cable could snap the next day...

What did Renault quote you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

I think renaultforums.co.uk have instructions on how to fix this which would probably work out cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

psyconia wrote: »
    Hello,

Does anyone know of anyone that can fix the passenger door electric window ? The motor seems to work - but the cable which pulls the window up / down has snapped. So the cable needs to be replaced.

Renault being renault want to charge a lot for the repair...

Thanks,..

you can buy a regulator from ebay & get someone to fit it
    to your existing motor(which still works)
    I bought one myself for my brother in laws Laguna 2 & it now works perfect;)http://cgi.ebay.ie/RENAULT-LAGUNA-ELEC-WINDOW-REGULATOR-2001_W0QQitemZ280183836869QQihZ018QQcategoryZ10410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

This is only the beginning get rid of it and get a Toyota:D

Advertisement