Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal to an Bord Pleanala

Options
  • 19-12-2007 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I know it's silly season but just wondering if anyone has heard whether there is going to be a general appeal to An Bord Pleanala regarding the planning permission granted for the next phase of Charlesland? Am thinking of those particularly affected by the 3 storey houses being built so close behind. The closing date for receipt of appeals is 3rd January - perfect timing, of course, thanks WCC!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ossie

Lumbarda wrote: »
    I know it's silly season but just wondering if anyone has heard whether there is going to be a general appeal to An Bord Pleanala regarding the planning permission granted for the next phase of Charlesland? Am thinking of those particularly affected by the 3 storey houses being built so close behind. The closing date for receipt of appeals is 3rd January - perfect timing, of course, thanks WCC!

This proposal is at variance with the proper planning and sustainable develpment of the greater Greystones area and really does need to go to An Bord Pleanala. I still do not understand how Wicklow County Council planners could have approved this application considering how opposed they were to it.:confused:

There are a number of grounds on which this planning application could be refused by the Board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

This proposal is at variance with the proper planning and sustainable develpment of the greater Greystones area

Thats what many said about the marina and look what has happened!!
    Am thinking of those particularly affected by the 3 storey houses being built so close behind

Thats what I would have been facing if I had stayed living in the harbour. Apperently it is called "progress".:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

fishdog wrote: »
    Thats what many said about the marina and look what has happened!!

Thats what I would have been facing if I had stayed living in the harbour. Apperently it is called "progress".:D:D

Yes, that word covers a multitude, doesn't it! There are other alternative words I could think of but I'd probably be banned :D:D;)

Lumbarda wrote: »
    Yes, that word covers a multitude, doesn't it! There are other alternative words I could think of but I'd probably be banned :D:D;)

None of the 3 amigos - kelleher, Jones and Mitchell - live at the harbour. If they had the highrise monster destined to be deposited on the north beach would not have even been considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

None of them live in Charlesland either!! :D

• Advertisement

It will be interesting to see if many people that supported the marina development (I think there were at least 4 in total) that live in Charlesland with also support this development!!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

I see on the Bord Pleanala website that an appeal against Charlesland Phase 2 has been lodged, MANY thanks to whoever organised it.

Does anyone know, in order to make a submission on the Appeal, do we still need to pay the 220 euros or will our submission still be taken seriously if we don't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

I think you will find that there are a few more than four fish. Of course everybody here would be opposed to anyone having their privacy wrecked by three story houses overlooking them. However ''the anti just about everything'' lobby always emerges at the start of any development and I will always view their motives with suspicion.

Of course everybody here would be opposed to anyone having their privacy wrecked by three story houses overlooking them

Funny I was not too keen on having a building of over three stories looking down into the vellux window in my bedroom!

I have not claimed to be anti anything else.

Do I qualify to be in the
    ''the anti just about everything'' lobby

for this offence???:D:D:D

However ''the anti just about everything'' lobby always emerges at the start of any development and I will always view their motives with suspicion.

Citizens who give up their time in the public interest to highlight the gombeen men in Irish politics should be thanked and not looked at with suspicion. I salute them!

• Advertisement

Salute who you like Ossie. It would be nice if all of the ''citizens who give up their time'' to object to planning applications were always working in the ''public interest'' against ''gombeen men of Irish politics''. I could give you a lot of examples where this is not the case and millions of public and private money is squandered because of some of these citizens. You would not have to look too far.

Hammiepeters, I was against the marina because I found the design repulsive as did many others. The fact that I would also not too keen on having a building of over three stories looking down into the vellux window in my bedroom did not help.

For this you suggest that I am part of the
    ''the anti just about everything'' lobby

I have never stated that I am against any other development including the proposed one in Charlesland.

However you feel justified in not supporting further development of Charlesland because:
    everybody here would be opposed to anyone having their privacy wrecked by three story houses overlooking them

Pot, kettle, black!

I have not seen the plans for Charlesland myself, so I dont have a view on it yet. I do however feel that it will blend in more with its surrondings than the proposed marina will in the harbour.

Perhaps you would have similar views on the harbour to me if they affected you as much as it affected me! It seems that neither of us likes to be overlooked by appartment blocks!

I never said you were, fish. And because you are in the construction industry, you must know what i mean. Begrudgery,jealousy,stupidity, all alive and well in modern Ireland when it comes to planning applications and yes; that dirty word; progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

And so another development/planning thread spirals out of control.

Hammie, Fish, Ossie... If you are incapable of sticking to the topic in hand why not start another thread or better yet go to the Thunderdome: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=484

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement