Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cops sleeping on the M50..

Options
  • 19-12-2007 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else see the two traffic corp cops sleeping on the garda ramp, northbound just before the Ballymun exit at around 09:15am this morning?.

Hilarious, out to the world. I was tempted to go back around to take a photo, I should have now.

Anyone else catch these?.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Isn't it common practice in the UK to use "sleeping policemen" to keep speeds down?

Sorry, that was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps it was a lover's tiff suicide pact. Guards have feelings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Maybe they were fed up with the slow moving traffic they stopped for a picnic and a rest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Were they undercover

i.e: did they bring blankets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

They probably just finished reading a few threads over in the Ladies Lounge....ZZZzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Were they undercover

i.e: did they bring blankets?

classic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Yea - could have sworn one was reading a paper tho :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How do you know they were asleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

kbannon wrote: »

Haha, was waiting for someone to ask this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

kbannon wrote: »

Ok, maybe they were playing dead :D

(I'm a soldier, I know what it looks like to sleep on duty ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Perhaps it was a lover's tiff suicide pact. Guards have feelings too.

lmao :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mairt wrote: »

Maybe they are were dead. :eek:

"double cop murder - Mairt saught in connection"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Mairt wrote: »

LMFAO :D - classic reply calling a spade a spade! Shame no one got a photo for the superintendent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

those idiots drive me mad

every time they park on the side of the M50 - (trying to catch people "dangerously" going up the inside of traffic on the hard shoulder) they cause a traffic jam as other idiots brake in case they are speeding :rolleyes:

If you or I were doing something on the side of the M50 that caused the same dangerous reaction from people the cozzers would soon have us moved on or harassed! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭10-10-20

The often snooze on the piggy-bank northbound near Cherrywood after filling up on stuff from the spar there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

10-10-20 wrote: »
    The often snooze on the piggy-bank northbound near Cherrywood after filling up on stuff from the spar there.

+1

See them there all the time, have even seen a bike cop with his chin tucked into his chest.

Best place to get a pic of them in land of nod if anyone wants to accept the challenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Obviously bollixed after a hard night chasing nurses around Copper's.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

9:15 would have been around their break time. Maybe they were having a power nap.

They do start at 6am you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I saw him/them, but I thought they were from M50 motorway maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

its common enough, lads headin off out the country somewhere to catch some zzzz's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

skelliser wrote: »
    its common enough, lads headin off out the country somewhere to catch some zzzz's

I understand the are out there to catch Speeders, dangerous drivers etc etc... but catching zzzz's?
    Are Zzzz's dangerous/illegal?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

You think they have it handy. The fire brigade all hop into bed when they have no calls!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Chief--- wrote: »
    You think they have it handy. The fire brigade all hop into bed when they have no calls!!
    Lazy sods - you would think they would be out looking for fires or maybe even starting them just to justify their jobs!
    Surely even there is a cat stuck up a tree somewhere ?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ShinyDiscoBall

I just dont beleive it....

think bout it for starters their police in a big shiny jeep everyone turns to look at them

secondly they are on the m50 the busiest road in ireland and it was at peak time

.......HARDLY!

(Should of went to specsavers!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 BenFoldsFive

Are you sure it was the gardai?The new M50 maintenace vans are constantly parked up there.Just like the transroute 4x4's at the enterance of the port tunnel on the M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Are you sure it was the gardai?The new M50 maintenace vans are constantly parked up there.Just like the transroute 4x4's at the enterance of the port tunnel on the M1.

?? I think I know the difference. M50 Van versus car with Garda detail.

They sit there with full faces and snooze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ahh bless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i think its good to see the gardi sleeping on the job... taking the stress away aswell as letting a few people laugh at them.

fair play gardi :D

Advertisement