Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N18 - Limerick Tunnel & South Ring Road Phase II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone care to hazard a guess at the time it will open on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Mc Love wrote: »

13:43

Deedsie wrote: »
    13:43

Nice guess hope its opened before or after 11 - need to go to airport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭macbog

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just hope it opens friday . My grandson has me booked to do the grand tour .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

NO DEFINITE DATE YET FOR TUNNEL OPENING
    General Manager of Direct Route Tom King, told the Limerick Post that despite reports elsewhere, it was noot planned to open the Limerick Tunnel this Friday.
    Because the tunnel is the first in europe to be completed under the new European Safety Directive, he could not say when all the parties involved would be ready to open the structure to traffic.
    This is the first tunnel to go through this process, so we are all in learning mode, we have no opening date yet-it won;t open on friday. The best I can say is it is proceeding well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 d2carazy

it would be great if it opened tomorow i was planning on heading to limerick tomorow evening anyways and i would love to try it out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

sonyair wrote: »
    Oh crap, I'd already updated by site and everything! Nerd rage!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

Heard again from one of the contractors that are still going for opening tomorrow... all will be revealed tomorrow i guess !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

gryff wrote: »
    Heard again from one of the contractors that are still going for opening tomorrow... all will be revealed tomorrow i guess !!!

Looks like it to me- alot of activity around the site in general today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

sonyair wrote: »

Where did you get that report from? I'm still hoping and praying for it to open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

was talking to one of the employees of the main contractor (Roadbridge) today and he was saying it will be next Friday the 23rd. Hope he was taking the piss and it really opens tomorrow as expected.

bit disappointed if it isnt opened tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

I passed the Radisson 10 minutes ago. The Radisson roundabout is now apparently fully open, which means that inbound traffic from Shannon will have to yield to local traffic, so there will be absolute chaos tomorrow......unless the tunnel is open of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

They were working at rosbrien interchange this evening (seem to be putting in cats eyes) at 6:30

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

anything today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Looked busy at 7:30 this morning a couple of pickups driving back and forth over the bridge at the Rosbrien Interchange and seems to be a digger parked just behind the barrier.

Lets wait and see....

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Imagineer

The digger by the barriers is surely a sign that they plan to move them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Imagineer

Actually just heard from an engineer that its not gonna happen today as far as he knows. Documentation is holding it up. Bureaucracy...ARRGGHHHH. Could be next Friday, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I knew I should have brought the soft-top instead of the van today.
    EDIT: imagineer's update appeared as typed, crisis averted for another week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Boss_man

Good news: Barrier has been removed as of 1hr ago.
    Bad news: Still a line of traffic cones blocking access to the new road at the N18 interchange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

Will they really only leave a line of cones over the weekend to block access?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Jayuu

lukejr wrote: »
    Will they really only leave a line of cones over the weekend to block access?

Hard to believe that they would. Surely somebody would just move them overnight and that would cause all sorts of confusion. Maybe they're waiting until after rush hour and then giving themselves the weekend to slowly ramp up the opening.

There's nothing on the AA Roadwatch site to indicate an opening which you would imagine would be reasonably up to date. Nothing on the NRA or Limerick Tunnel sites either but that's less of a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Still closed at the Clonmacken Roundabout,the N18 from Shannon is a hive of activity today.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 medelina

did anyone notice if the modified road signs are still greyed out? the ones at the cement factory and clonmacken rndbt were this morning. They were cleaning the by-pass at the raddison interchange this morning also (~9AM)- surely it's only hours away and won't be another week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

medelina wrote: »
    did anyone notice if the modified road signs are still greyed out? the ones at the cement factory and clonmacken rndbt were this morning. They were cleaning the by-pass at the raddison interchange this morning also (~9AM)- surely it's only hours away and won't be another week now.

Yah,they still are at the Clonmacken roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

concrete barriers still in place at M7 side also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Im totally confused. I thought it was opening today. If I am not mistaken this thread or another thread had todays date as opening day on the thread title...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Next week so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

SARASON wrote: »
    If I am not mistaken this thread or another thread had todays date as opening day on the thread title...:confused:

It had alright, because this was the date that was touted for quite a while. I've taken to putting opening dates in thread titles to prevent infrequent posters from asking "when is this opening??" umpteen times within the thread. Sorry for any confusion caused. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Furet wrote: »
    I've taken to putting opening dates in thread titles to prevent infrequent posters from asking "when is this opening??" umpteen times within the thread.

Thought this was a good idea alright. Never mind that in this case it didn't work out exactly right - it was forum members best guess at the time, and we were wrong.

Hope it opens next week though, as I'll need to use it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement