Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA World Club Championship

• 19-12-2007 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

The final of this was on Sunday. Milan beat Boco 4-2. They beat Urawa 1-0 in their previous game. Kaka got player of the tournament after setting up 3 and scoring 1 of Milan's 5 goals.

A lot of people think teams treat it as a friendly tournament but Milan said this is their priority this season and they celebrated like they won the world cup. Some Boca players were crying after the match.

A few screenshots:
    pic1ge4.jpg
    pic2je9.jpg
    pic3nb4.jpg
    pic4yi3.jpg
    pic5os4.jpg
    pic6ce2.jpg
    pic7ke1.jpg
    pic8bd0.jpg
    pic9ms2.jpg
    pic10hm1.jpg
    pic11ya2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

eirebhoy wrote: »
    but Milan said this is their priority this season
    They said what?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Well I didn't believe them until I saw how seriously they were taking it. When Seedorf scored against Urawa, the camera cut to him 30 seconds later when the ball went out of play and he gave a clinched fist celebration, still thinking about his goal.

Galliani :
    "Everyone at Milan knows that this is our club's main priority for the season.

"We will do everything we can to win this cup.

"We are here in Japan for the sixth time and it's something special. Last night we were saying on the plane that of the many sides in Europe only one gets to come to Japan at the end of the year and we are very happy to represent our continent.

From the coach, to the ceremonies, to this Press conference we have noticed that we aren't playing in the old Intercontinental Cup. This Club World Cup is something different."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Milan hadn't won it since 1990 and had lost out to Boca a few years previously. They also lost some other occasions to different teams in between as far as I know. If I was manager of a team I'd see it as a very important thing to win too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

eirebhoy wrote: »
    The final of this was on Sunday. Milan beat Boco 4-2. They beat Urawa 1-0 in their previous game. Kaka got player of the tournament after setting up 3 and scoring 1 of Milan's 5 goals.

A lot of people think teams treat it as a friendly tournament but Milan said this is their priority this season and they celebrated like they won the world cup. Some Boca players were crying after the match.

A few screenshots:
    pic1ge4.jpg
    pic2je9.jpg
    pic3nb4.jpg
    pic4yi3.jpg
    pic5os4.jpg
    pic6ce2.jpg
    pic7ke1.jpg
    pic8bd0.jpg
    pic9ms2.jpg
    pic10hm1.jpg
    pic11ya2.jpg

Probably their priority because its all they will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

brave man writing them off from the Champions League

If I remember correctly, they were useless in the league before Christmas last season to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Unearthly wrote: »
    brave man writing them off from the Champions League

If I remember correctly, they were useless in the league before Christmas last season to.

That doesn't bother me, I'm going by what I've seen this season. They've yet to win at home in Serie A, in seven attempts, scoring a whopping three goals. Thats pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    That doesn't bother me, I'm going by what I've seen this season. They've yet to win at home in Serie A, in seven attempts, scoring a whopping three goals. Thats pathetic.

It is indeed

Still won their Champions League group though. TBH they are European Champions, haven't done anything in their domestic league in a long long time, but consistently do well in the Champions League. Completely different attitude to both competitions it seems.

Plus with players like Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta they will be tough bastards to knockout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Do you think Champions League form is enough to save Ancelloti's position though? Who is the president of Milan these days anyway; not Berlusconi still is it?

Advertisement