Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg Wish Everyone a Happy Christmas

Options
  • 19-12-2007 9:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

They have decided to stop regulating because its too much bother ....thats unless anyone has any other plausible or possible explanation for This Notice they released today :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I wonder wether they will fine Eircom this time around?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No! They will simply send eircom a christmas card.

The process is over and there will be no sanction and no fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Sponge Bob wrote: »

What kind of regulator are they? They must be waiting for the EU to step in so they will still have Eircoms favor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I laughed when I read the end of that. I feel sorry for the waster who typed it up and even more so for the cretin who devised it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

They have decided to stop regulating because its too much bother ....thats unless anyone has any other plausible or possible explanation for This Notice they released today :eek:

And of course they were on blathering about how perfect everything on the broadband front was.Dr. Dermot Nolan was happy to tell us that everybody in Ireland was "delighted with their broadband speeds"

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1219/mor...19602,null,209

One really has to wonder is their a purpose that Comreg serves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

To provide a level playing field for Competition. The theory is that Competition will protect the consumer. It's a Thacherite/Bush Senior idea expanded even more by New Labour and both FF and FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

watty wrote: »
    To provide a level playing field for Competition.

The theory is that Competition will protect the consumer. It's a Thacherite/Bush Senior idea expanded even more by New Labour and both FF and FG.

An abject failure on point one then...

Read the link in my sig for a critique of the Thomas Friedman nonsense that is sometimes known as "globalization", which is basically a racket designed to liberate/extort the maximum amount of cash possible from hapless "consumers"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

watty wrote: »
    To provide a level playing field for Competition. The theory is that Competition will protect the consumer. It's a Thacherite/Bush Senior idea expanded even more by New Labour and both FF and FG.
    We used to have the 3rd cheapest electricity in the EU. When you consider that most of it was done with imported fuel and a large rural network in a market the size of Birmingham it was pretty impressive. Unfortunately prices were raised 30% to encourage competition. Result higher prices and still no competition because we have such a small market that no one could be even bothered to cherry pick. and all across the western world in the past few years we have seen the effects of power systems at the edge of capacity, helped in part by profit making and bean counters.

The problem we have is that stuff that didn't need more regulation has go it and the stuff that needs regulation isn't being regulated.

The americans had the right idea about monopolies, you can have them but only if the aren't exploiting it. Of course if they regulated properly then they wouldn't have had enron .

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

This looks like that scene from Team America: World Police

(Hans Blix is visiting the palace of Kim)

Kim: Hans Hans Hans, we've been through this a dozen times! I don't have any weapons of mass destruction, okay Hans?
    Blix: Then let me look around so I can ease the UN's collective mind.
    Kim: Hans you're breakin' my balls here, Hans, you're breakin' my balls!
    Blix: I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you! Let' me see your whole palace, or else!
    Kim: Or erse, what?
    Blix: Or else we will be very, very angry with you, and we will write you a letter telling you how angry wie are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You guys sound a lot like East Germans hankering for the good old days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

startof document

"Opinion of non-compliance by Eircom with its
    non-discrimination obligation

Document No: 07/107
    Date: 19th December 2007

the final chapter

ComReg, in accordance with Regulation 18(4) of the Access Regulations, has formed
    the opinion that Eircom has not complied with the non-discrimination obligation
    contained in Sections 6.4 and 6.5 of Decision Notice and Decision Instrument -
    Designation of SMP and SMP Obligations, Market Analysis: Retail Fixed
    Narrowband Access Markets, Decision No. D07/61, Document No. 07/61.

In accordance with the power given to it in Regulation 17(11) of European
    Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services)(Framework)

Regulations 2003, ComReg is publishing this opinion."

qoute finish

lets play spanky spanky for being a little naughty

power given buy the EU cop out soposed to be given buy the irish state

"ComReg is publishing this opinion" big swinging da da's your publishing because you have to and opinion means anyhting they can invest in doublespeak on the trot to throw us of the trail

These guys are reefing through computer files they have no right to even look at and under the data protection laws its a crimila offence with jail time

EIRCON ARE CRIMINALS AND SHOULD GO TO JAIL

so why didnt they notify data protection athority
    why didnt they notify competition authority

why didnt they walk in with inspectors and arrest the top bosses

The poor little minions at the botttom of course who circumvent the computer defenses that a two year old can circumvent wink wink circumvent or else you lose your job litle minion because you probably work for an agency and we got you buy the da da"s and make us head huncho more money

but no they will just blame the little minions at the bottom

A brain dead can see this is riding a horse through every rule on competition ever invented

Why so they can then justify why they have to devide up the EiRCON outfit so they can sell off the carcass for more money

CoN reg is fianna fail hack job forced onto the government from EU
    so they make the department give them no teeth tell them do whatever rugger bugger wants and play the merry tune and now they do the same with these smally vulture australians that are there to pick over the carcasss that left behind

if you contact CoNreg to complain about mobile operators they send you to another place where you get charged premium rate to register your complaint and the dept is funded and staffed by the mobile companies so your registering your theft with the thieves:eek:
    and the first question whats your name and address
    i said who the FECK are you first before i give my name
    man wall of mirrors stuff

CoNreg does nothing expect bat the ball somewhere else and abdicate all responsibilty just like the government does

you go to the competition athority to complain about the practises of EirCon and they bat it to another place

It all just departments set up to give Fianna Failers jobs and suck victims dry phoning premium rate numbers complaining to the so and so that robbed you and they just register it in the great bin of suckers stories out there

The only thing that I found that works was to contact the Labour shadow minister for transport as he seemed to know which buttons to push to scare coNreg

BROWN ENVELOPES CHRISTMAS

derry

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

I moved from Eircom some two years ago and registered on the opt out list for marketing calls. After receiving sales calls from Eircom post-registration, I phoned Eircom to specifically remind they delete me from all their (sales) records. 1 month later more calls - complained to COMREG who said "Sorry not our dept., Try Data Protection Commission". I complained to DPC who queried Eircom. Eircom denied making any sales calls; luckily I had the Mobile No. of the Agent who rang me and DPC probed his phone records - BINGO - EIRCOM then redfaced said that it was an Admin error. DPC said that was BS and slapped a penalty - EIRCOM Volunteered to make a Charity contribution. I was one of 30 people who complained to DPC. I am awaiting Eircom to provide me with a Proof of Donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

In case any of you are not getting any Joy from either COMREG or EIRCOM you should raise your complaints with the EU Comission for TELECOM REGULATION.
    (Infso-Telecom@ec.europa.eu)

COMREG is sulking like a naughty Child at the moment as Viviane Reding (The Comissioner for Telecom Regulation) wants to centralise all regulation activity and monitoring to a single market. She knows regulators in individual countries are not up to the job.

(13/11/2007) Viviane Reding, the EU Telecoms Commissioner said: "Today's telecoms reform proposals put Europe's citizens centre stage. In the past, Europe has made substantial progress by opening telecoms markets to new players and by progressively ensuring more competition. However, dominant telecoms operators, often still protected by government authorities, remain in control of critical market segments, especially of the broadband market. This restricts consumers' freedom of choice. 10% of EU citizens still have no broadband access at all. This is why new consumer rights, a new dose of competition, an effective system of independent telecoms regulators, new investment into competitive infrastructures and more space for new wireless services are needed to put Europe's digital economy on track."

Roll-on Single market!!!!!!!

it is a comreg problem as there is a breach of the CPS Code of Practise on 'use of customer information' .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

moceri wrote: »
    I moved from Eircom some two years ago and registered on the opt out list for marketing calls. After receiving sales calls from Eircom post-registration, I phoned Eircom to specifically remind they delete me from all their (sales) records. 1 month later more calls - complained to COMREG who said "Sorry not our dept., Try Data Protection Commission". I complained to DPC who queried Eircom. Eircom denied making any sales calls; luckily I had the Mobile No. of the Agent who rang me and DPC probed his phone records - BINGO - EIRCOM then redfaced said that it was an Admin error. DPC said that was BS and slapped a penalty - EIRCOM Volunteered to make a Charity contribution. I was one of 30 people who complained to DPC. I am awaiting Eircom to provide me with a Proof of Donation.

Brilliant, it's only by this sort of action do things get done. Kudos to you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

zod wrote: »
    Brilliant, it's only by this sort of action do things get done. Kudos to you sir.

Hear hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

derry wrote: »
    These guys are reefing through computer files they have no right to even look at and under the data protection laws its a crimila offence with jail time

EIRCON ARE CRIMINALS AND SHOULD GO TO JAIL
    Prove it

its in the Data Protection Act cg .

Advertisement