Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours

Options
  • 19-12-2007 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Yeah basically was just reading it the topic about the women in the church, who said God was with her. If the Mods are doing there job(like in the Soccer forum) I expect a few bannings to be made. People calling her an idiot for her beliefs..its a joke.

I'm sorry I'm doing this, to be honest I don't really want to but they were out of line and reinforces my statement that Religion hatred is let off way to leniently on here.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Frankly, I think there's not enough hatred allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No idea what you are referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

and have you have reported these offensive posts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mary was an adulterous whore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Yeah basically was just reading it the topic about the women in the church, who said God was with her. If the Mods are doing there job(like in the Soccer forum) I expect a few bannings to be made. People calling her an idiot for her beliefs..its a joke.

I'm sorry I'm doing this, to be honest I don't really want to but they were out of line and reinforces my statement that Religion hatred is let off way to leniently on here.

Why worry about it? Surely god reads AH and will himself dish out appropriate punishments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Well I'm actually banned from After Hours..but you know I still read the threads.

Mordeth wrote: »
    mary was an adulterous whore.

Yeah, well done, you just keep watching the Da Vinci Code.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

timothy mcveigh called me this morning, he wants to know why you haven't called him since september.

Meh, he got boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Seems like a normal AH thread to me. Certainly doesn't warrant a thread in feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

surely it's ok to slag fictional characters?

Down with god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

you should spend more time looking for a job, and less time posting on internet forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

It's a message board ffs (most used one in Ireland AFAIK) so 100'00 + members = a whole lot of opinions and, inevitably, a lot of differences of opinion and/or intentional winding up. Be it from arguing over the best brand of tea to thinking she was an idiot for doing what she did.

Most of the threads and posts in AH are in jest anyway ... find a different forum or thread if it bothers you that much.

And yes, it's grand to bash fictitious characters : tooth fairy, easter bunny, god, santa etc

my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Stekelly wrote: »

Down with god

Short answer yes with an "if", long answer no with a "but" ... if you need further solace I can direct you to a forum that you can find out for yourself in.

OP: You are complaining about intolerance? YOU???

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Short answer yes with an "if", long answer no with a "but" ... if you need further solace I can direct you to a forum that you can find out for yourself in.

Oh just let it go already! :p

Stekelly wrote: »

Down with god

Can you prove that he is fictional though?:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

CeilingGodCat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Okay, first question:
    Are you reading AH while logged out or while logged in with your re-reg account..?

Second question:
    Would you ever **** off?

We're not banning people for thought-crimes; especially if they're not directly injuring another party. AH is not Soccer. After Hours isn't the place for you. I'm repeating obvious stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I called her a dope in that thread. I didn't mention religion.

However, believing in something that's all based on hearsay with no actual proof could be classed as idiotic. No need for a banning to be made methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

esteblahcuntface for AH mod!

• Advertisement

I read AH while I'm logged off.

That guy before me should get a life ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Heh... KNEW this would happen. Esteban, I saw that thread and though of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

That guy before me should get a life ban.

people who advocate bans for others should get life bans imo.

oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

It's not the job of the AH mods to re-educate the nation, or act as a moral compass. If you want to do that, then perhaps you should put forward your own point of view and debate it.
    When your ban is up of course.
    You really do seem to have a tough time fitting in where ever you go. Perhaps the problem is not with everyone else. I think theres only one common denominator here, and its you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

esteblahcuntface for AH mod!

Lmao, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

When your ban is up of course.
    You really do seem to have a tough time fitting in where ever you go. Perhaps the problem is not with everyone else. I think theres only one common denominator here, and its you.
    Well, myself, nesf, Terry, and Giblet all agreed on that point a while back and agreed that his ban should be permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Where's the thread? And why is a thread on women in the Church not in one of the religion forums where it belongs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ah, American churches. With guns and stuff. And here I thought AH had gone all deep and spiritual on us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement