Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Cheque

Options
  • 19-12-2007 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Just wondering if I can get a cheque cashed that I got off my employer(Dunnes Stores) there and then considering I don't have an account with UB. Badly need the cash(it's my christmas pay!!)

Any help is appreciated so I don't look like a fool in the bank ranting and raving XD
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Dunnes Stores might cash it for you. Not sure about the bank - they'd want it to clear first.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

Ah was just curious because my friend has cashed a couple of Credit Union cheques in the UB in Walkinstown(Dublin) there and then without and hassle. What if I go to the Bank from where the cheque was issued, surely they would know it was legit and I doubt a cheque from a company as big as Dunnes Stores will bounce or not clear, I also have my payslip to back up the amount paid on the cheque

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

What if I go to the Bank from where the cheque was issued

That's what you will have to do, the actual branch of the bank in question.
    Surely they would know it was legit and I doubt a cheque from a company as big as Dunnes Stores will bounce or not clear, I also have my payslip to back up the amount paid on the cheque

Bring your passport with you. They will check to see if there are any stops on the cheque. Sign the back of it as well. They also might ring Dunnes to confirm. Otherwise, there should be no problem .

Advertisement