Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Golf Van

Options
  • 19-12-2007 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Was just checking autotrader for commercial golfs (MK4) and there are none to be found?! Did they not do them in the uk or were they called something else?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I can't say that I ever came across a MKIV in van configuration. I know that for MKII & MKIII that they were converted here in Ireland by a company sub contracted by MDL. A van version is available in MKV, but I don't know if it is a van from factory level or whether it is converted at distributor/importer level.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

crosstownk wrote: »
    I can't say that I ever came across a MKIV in van configuration.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=777731

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

DJ Hafez wrote: »

Jebus - now that I see it, I actually had two (2002) on fleet!! I think my brain is on the way out.....................time for a diagnostic check :D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Just noticed its the same with the ford focus van. I'm completley lost! I was almost positive they had hatchvans

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There definately is a focus van, at least of the old model anyway. Dunno if they sold them in the UK though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

There is a Focus van in the newest model too. A fella got one here in work last year instead of a company car to avoid paying BIK tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most of these car derived vans are only sold in certain markets. Afaik they come into the country as cars and then converted into vans. To my knowledge some of them were not sold offically in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Most are converted-there is even a certain company that has a few VW MK5 GTI vans,i'd like an R32 van myself :D

Advertisement