Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the most difficult Xbox acheivement?

• 19-12-2007 10:34pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is a consensus what are the most difficult Xbox 360 achievements?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

PGR4 all platimum medals... There's no way that I'd ever be able to get them all, I can't even get silver on a couple of events ffs!:p

Think there's a site called achieve360points or something like that, that rates the games based on how hard it is to reach 1000 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

zombie genocide in dead rising???

tried it failed after so long, but did get other stuff

think if your really sick or really bored sit down a play through of dead rising and unlock achievements, that would be impressive

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thanks for that site.
    Just noticed Sonic the Hedgehog is rated a 9 (with 10 most difficult) and the achievments didn't seem too hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

zombie genocide in dead rising???

tried it failed after so long, but did get other stuff

think if your really sick or really bored sit down a play through of dead rising and unlock achievements, that would be impressive

The Dead Rising ones are easy enough to get, I think.

Hard ones would be finishing CoD 2 and 4 on Vetern difficulty, that and the PGR 3 and 4 platinum ratings would be very tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Guitar Hero expert ones.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

any of them that require reaching the top of worldwide leaderboards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Launch the gnome into Space from the Orange Box seems to be hilariously difficult. If I ever have 6 hours to spare, I might do it, but probably not.

Also, pretty much every achievement in FEAR. Played through the whole thing on medium difficulty and got like 55 points altogether. Shockingly difficult, and probably detract from the game as they are absolutley no fun to get.

Launh the gnome into Space?
    Sounds intriguing. It must be episode 1 or 2 as I'm playing Half Life 2 right now and haven't noticed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jayteecork wrote: »
    Launh the gnome into Space?
    Sounds intriguing. It must be episode 1 or 2 as I'm playing Half Life 2 right now and haven't noticed it.

Its for Ep2 and you have to find the gnome first, you average player will just run by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

All gold in the portal.. The joypad just isn't accurate enough to do it.. I cant even do it with a mouse its that hard.. Its the only achievements I need for the orange box aswell bronze silver and gold medals...

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Its for Ep2 and you have to find the gnome first, you average player will just run by him.

I managed to get the gnome up to the point where the first vortigaunt comes out to rescue you and alyx, about 10 minutes into the game, and gave up :D
    It kinda spoils the game i find, carrying the fecker around. dont think ill bother trying again. 'The one free bullet' in ep1 was a pain in the hole too, especially as how i did the whole damn game only firing one bullet and DIDNT get the acheivement :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i have the gnome one done it was a slog alright, and also playing ep1 firing only 1 bullet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I forgot.. that bloody plane on veteran in CoD4 took ages:mad:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

get 50 people out of the mall in dead rising thats a pain in the back side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

0ubliette wrote: »
    I managed to get the gnome up to the point where the first vortigaunt comes out to rescue you and alyx, about 10 minutes into the game, and gave up :D
    It kinda spoils the game i find, carrying the fecker around. dont think ill bother trying again. 'The one free bullet' in ep1 was a pain in the hole too, especially as how i did the whole damn game only firing one bullet and DIDNT get the acheivement :(

Sorry, but LOL

that game is as buggy as fúck. Achievements for not touching beach, and completing ravanholm with no weapons. Did them both perfect, did I get either achievement? NO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

that game is as buggy as fúck. Achievements for not touching beach, and completing ravanholm with no weapons. Did them both perfect, did I get either achievement? NO.

Really? I got both of those achievements no bother at all. Indeed, in the sand one I was even able to restart an old save when ever I did accidentally touch the sand and I still got the achievement unlocked slogan at the end.

Actually, I must say the Orange Box achievements on the whole are the most enjoyable Ive come across. They really do make you think outside the box sometimes. Playing through Ravenholm without a weapon really makes you appreciate the thought and effort put into the overall level design as you have to use your environment to get through. Especially on a replay, the HL2 ones are a joy to find and complete.

Closing in on 1000 points now, go me!!!

I was just thinking, anyone agree that Microsoft lifted the idea for achievements straight out of the PSOne game, Vagrant Story?
    It had a set of (I think) 40(edit twas 32 and they're called "titles") achievments, presented in an almost identical style to the ay they're depicted on 360 games. Some were easy, some required multiple playthroughs, some were downright impossible. Remind you of anything?
    They were addictive as hell mind you and kept me at that game even though I didn't really like the gameplay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

jayteecork wrote: »
    Closing in on 1000 points now, go me!!!

I was just thinking, anyone agree that Microsoft lifted the idea for achievements straight out of the PSOne game, Vagrant Story?
    It had a set of (I think) 40(edit twas 32 and they're called "titles") achievments, presented in an almost identical style to the ay they're depicted on 360 games. Some were easy, some required multiple playthroughs, some were downright impossible. Remind you of anything?
    They were addictive as hell mind you and kept me at that game even though I didn't really like the gameplay.

I think this could do with a seperate thread all to itself! Might be interesting to hear what people think!

I've never played it so I can't comment on it!

Here are all the titles: Very Xbox 360 don't you think?
    1. Seeker of Truth – complete the game once

2. Ruler of the Fallen City – Complete the game in 10 hours (!)

3. Successor of the Legacy – find 100% treasure boxes

4. Finder of Dark – Find 100% map

5. Destroyer of Gaeus – beat Damascus Golem

6. Hunter in the Snowfield – beat Masques Crab

7. Ally of the Wood – beat Ravana

8. Slayer of the Wyrm – beat Dragon Zombie

9. Vanquisher of Death – beat Death and Ogrezon

10. Warrior of Asura – beat Vishnu

11. Conqueror of time – beat all time-trials with and Excellent rating

12. Sparkling Warrior – Chain of 30+ (!)

13. Bearer of the New World – find Golden Key

14. Hoard-Finder – find Chest Key

15. Ruler of Power – get all Break Arts

16. Hand of Skill – get all Battle Abilities

17. Searcher of Luck – complete game without saving (!)

18. Holy Traveler – complete game without using magic

19. Pride Fighter – complete game without using Battle Abilities

20. Proud Warrior – complete game without using Break Arts

21. Blood-Thirsty Conqueror – defeat 5000+ enemies OF EVERY CLASS

22. Respecter of Fighting – Attack 5000+ times WITH EACH WEAPON

23. Silent Assassin – attack with Dagger 500+ times

24. Great Swordsman – Attack with Sword 500+ times

25. Master of Blades - attack 500+ times with Great Sword

26. Steel Dragoon – attack with axe & mace 500+ times

27. Earth Shaker – Attack with Great Axe 500+ times

28. Sweeper of the Dark – Attack with Staff 500+ times

29. Cleric Looking for Truth – attack 500+ times with Heavy Mace