Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenge on last year

Options
  • 19-12-2007 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

here we go again lets beat the scum this time round COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Can't make the first leg at the Death Star, I'm gutted.

Will be there for the 2nd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

will prob go to 2nd leg aswell ryanair sale at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

I'm planning to get to the home leg myself. I was hoping we would avoid them but revenge will be great!! Enjoy the league game on saturday ronan

KingdomYid wrote: »
    will prob go to 2nd leg aswell ryanair sale at the mo.

Game could be Tuesday or Wednesday, bear in mind!

RingoSpur wrote: »
    I'm planning to get to the home leg myself. I was hoping we would avoid them but revenge will be great!! Enjoy the league game on saturday ronan

Cheers mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

any idea when dates will be announced?

KingdomYid wrote: »
    any idea when dates will be announced?

Couple of days I'd imagine.

The Goons are playing on Sunday 6th Jan in the FA Cup so the 1st leg has to be the Wednesday 9th Jan.

Everton are due to play Wigan on Sunday 20th Jan which would suggest that their 2nd leg game will be on the Wednesday (and that ours will be the Tuesday)

Chelsea will need their Monday night game vs Brum on the 21st postponed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

flight booked for €20 return...!!! ryanair. go out tues, come back thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I still preceive the Arsenal youth team as the easiest of the other 3 teams.
    Of course, they can play anyone off the park on their day, but I think we will be a much stronger force to be reckoned with this time round, and I'm hoping Mr Wenger sticks with his youth policy.
    This was the draw I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Isnt it funny how every time Spurs and Arse reach the semi-final stage they always draw each other.

I know there has been the very rare occasion that we have avoided Arse but when you take the number of times into context the probability theory goes out the window.

Cospiracy I say: They dont want a Spurs Arse Final

I think we'll take this time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I still preceive the Arsenal youth team as the easiest of the other 3 teams.
    This was the draw I wanted.

I agree completely - also i'd like to finally wipe that smirk off Whinger's face.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how every time Spurs and Arse reach the semi-final stage they always draw each other.

I know there has been the very rare occasion that we have avoided Arse but when you take the number of times into context the probability theory goes out the window.

Cospiracy I say: They dont want a Spurs Arse Final

I think we'll take this time though.
    I just wish we could have got them in the final - apart from the opportunity to beat them in a final - even if we lost we would be guaranteed EUFA next year by virtue of the Scum's CL qualification. To be honest, I am sick at the draw - I saw this as a really good chance to qualify for EUFA - And so if Arse beat us, it will be a double blow for us - and knowing our record with them, doesn't help at all!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

We will win on Saturday & we will beat them in the semi.

Juande is the man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 adampaulburke

John W

In the Carling Cup losing finalists dont get a UEFA place if winning team already qualified Im afraid.

You have to win it to be in it ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 steve_thfc

We will win on Saturday & we will beat them in the semi.

Juande is the man

I like your optimism!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Revenge would be great, and i think we have the means to do it this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

John W

In the Carling Cup losing finalists dont get a UEFA place if winning team already qualified Im afraid.

You have to win it to be in it ! :)
    How bout the FA?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

difficult draw even if it is against the reserves/youth team. hopefully we'll have a few more first teamers back from injury by them and maybe a few new players. I'm not really optimistic at all. but here's hoping....;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement