Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Memory Problem

Options
  • 19-12-2007 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have an intel mobile chipset 945gm graphis card in my laptop. I know its a basic piece o crap that wont run much but i used this to see what games i could run and its telling me hat i only have 36MB video memory. i knew this was wrong so i ran dxdiag.exe and it told me that i had approx 224MB memory... which sounded more like it so i checked the BIOS and it tld me that i could only run 8MB memory which is unchangable...

im totally confused can anyone tell me whats going on? i installed the newest driver which didn't do anything but i checked the driver status and apparantly it wasn't updated... o the confusion....

can anyone help?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

GMA cards take ram dynamically. What you are seeing is perfectly normal.

The GMA are useless for most AAA games past 2003/2004.

Advertisement