Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Scarring??

Options
  • 19-12-2007 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wanting to get some info on tattoo scarring and maybe how to best make it look as best as possible...I have 3 tattoos now but this is the only one giving me bother...I originally just got the outline of everything done on the first session, and the color and all in the 2nd. Everything was going well until one of last parts of scab got ripped away by accident...(this is the 'large' part of the redness you see in the pic) and there was some other redness around the same area. I let it heal a bit on the advice of my tattooist and then got the patches redone over again about a month later, he said during this session he didnt want to do it too soon again if anything happened because it can scar if too much is done on healing skin( which I now think has happened....) That was about 6 months ago and after all that healing too it hasnt really got any better :( The large red bit is still visible aswell as smaller ones around it (all pointed out by the small black dots Ive drawn on the pic...
    Whast the best to do from here on in...any creams to use, advice, or just a complete cover up needed because I don't want it like forever :(
    is there such thing as skin not taking color right???It was my first colour tattoo and the green and orange has healed fine but the white always was a bit of bother.
    and to add a bit more, it goes down alot sometimes but then really comes out alot of the rest of the time, maybe more when its cold if that makes any sesne!!

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

the pic aint the best to judge it.. but ive had scarring in some tattoos.. with age the scarring goes away usually.. recentally i tryed red ink, ive never had problems with any other colours, i had an allergic reaction, after a few months it was still lumpy and scarred, my girl uses stuff called "bio-oil" me being a man and all i told her to talk a walk and its going no where near me... so she applied it 'when i was asleep' it lowered the raised skin and the red actually looks allright now, il have to get it touched up but probably with a diffrent shade or red or something..

so yeah... google "bio oil" or "bio-oil"
    pick it up in boots or something for about 15quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

i was hoping for the same with fading as time goes by but it just seems to be getting worse or staying at the same level at least....
    might try some bio oil as i want to keep that tattoo and a cover up job would be difficult id say...
    i would have a digi cam pic but i lost my first one after 2 weeks lol :eek:

Advertisement