Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Told 'too young' for simple competition...

Options
  • 20-12-2007 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Spent 1:30 hrs ringing FM104 tonight. EVENTUALLY got through, gave all my details - delighted.

"I'm sorry you have to be 18+"

I had my parents consent to participate in the competition, and it is not gambling so did they have ANY reason for denying me? I often hear children winning prizes etc on the show..

I'm really furious :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

was the prize drink related?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

No - it was associated with Burns World of Wonder, giving out childrens toys.

Games, etc (nothing for adults)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

did they mention on the radio that it was limited to people above 18 or did they mention the T&C's of the comp could be viewed on their website or requested from them?

They did not mention it on the radio at all, since I was listening from the start tonight.

I don't think they have it on their website - they might, but I have never seen ToS about games on their site. It is down at the moment so I cannot confirm, but am almost certain.

Shameless bump

• Advertisement

Update. FM104 have no information on their site about the competition:
    http://fm104.ie/sectional.asp?id=2825

But looking at the other competitions no ToS are given.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact the ASAI - I reported a pharmaceutical company a year or so ago for running a text-in competition without stating the cost of entry or without showing the T&Cs on the leaflet. The complaint was assessed and they found in my favour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

in fairness the Adrian Kennedy phone show does regularly state it is an adult phone show so I presume the 18+ is taken as a given.

that said FM104 should really state clear T+Cs for their competitions

No it states at the start of every show;

"The show is not suitable for anyone under the age of 15"

Therefore not limiting it to adults only
    dudara wrote: »
    Contact the ASAI - I reported a pharmaceutical company a year or so ago for running a text-in competition without stating the cost of entry or without showing the T&Cs on the leaflet. The complaint was assessed and they found in my favour.

I will be doing so, thanks for the information. Glad you got your voice heard, I just wanted to gather some feedback first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i was on a competition with them when i was under 18, but they were happy once i had a family member with me. and part of the competition involved a roulette wheel so i defo think u have a case

• Advertisement
Advertisement