Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

It always gets political in here

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

peasant wrote: »
    In that case I would strongly suggest that you personally refrain from shoving your political conviction down everybody elses throat unasked via your signature.

that

...or just stop moaning and take the flak ...to the politics forum, if possible.

Almost cheered when I read this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

ninty9er wrote: »
    I've just gone on an off topic rant at Gandalf on another thread...politically motivated of course:p:p

Apologies to all for that. I did contemplate a pm, but he got his dig-in publicly so why shouldn't I do the same.

<rant>
    The government is NOT TO BLAME for every single one of your problems. I will defend where I can just as balooba and E92 would had Inda and his Pet Rabbit won the election.

It makes no difference....the only difference that I could possibly have forseen is that we would not now be seeing the reforms for next July, promised in the December '06 budget.

No political party has a psycic inroad to your mind, and you can be damn sure that Sean Dorgan isn't sitting in FF HQ, Tom Curren over in FG HQ, nor anybody over in Ely Place monitoring every message board in the country to see who's bitching about them today.

What you can be sure of is that if you don't go and find your TD, make an appointment to see them, in a group if you like, they are not going to know what the fu<k you want either.

so before anyone congratulates:rolleyes: me on drawing another thread off topic or spinning a story.

a) have you spent time bringing this to the attention of your legislator or do you just tell them you're watching telly, shake their hand and close the door when they come or do you bother to go to his or her office and discuss the issue??

b) I'm going to respond politically to any political comment I like on these boards.

c) Think before you write!

d) If all you can do is whinge, don't come back with more crap when someone like myself, balooba or E92 responds with a political view, even though we may disagree

e) my sig comes in for a lot of slack. I'm not in the habit of rolling out something I support only when there's an election, so I'll thank people to refrain from trolling or souting sh1t on the basis of my sig!

</rant>

big swing your a Fianna folly supporter, like i care! its a stupid sig to have,
    those boyos couldnt manage a birthday party.......

few nice toons on www.langerland.com.. which is more what they are like :D have a look at the dail reshuffled, and batman and robin ...:D

can a mod please ban that stupid ******g sig , please

the sooner bertie stands down the better, we have enough of FF con men!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Nothing left for me to say ninty9er only, CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR THE WINNER OF THIS MONTHS BRASSO AWARD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

FG was also the party (and this is before my time so I again am not 100%), as my dad constantly bemoans, even though apolitical and a floating voter, that changed the cost of taxing his car from £5 to something ludicrous like £60 in the space of one budget. now that's a 1100% increase in 1 budget. Anyone remember the children's shoes??
    NOw they're all aimed at a government, where it really p1sses me off is when I get personally attacked for supposrting the party that's done more to bring this country into the 21st century than any other and the only one that hasn't lost an election since 1982, when 5 years of FG government gave us the above scandals, thought the first one I'm not very familiar with.

The childrens shoes thing was just stupid, but both that and the motor tax thing was on the back of FF bankrupting the country after they bought the 1977 election. You'd do well to read a bit of history. The bad days of the 1980's were caused by FF mismanagement in the late '70s. It took a strong FG leader, Alan Dukes, to act for the greater good, rather than political advantage with the tallaght strategy, to get things back on track. That is the key decision that created the foundation for our more recent prosperity. As for the last 10 years, a monkey could have managed the economy. There has been so much money rolling in that virtually no hard decisions have had to be made. Things are changing now and it will be a real test of FF's economic credentials to see if they can take difficult decisions.

Anyway, this is a motors, not politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

This aul forum is gone to the dogs lately......

I thought the multi multi page idiocy and rants about SUVs was bad enough-

Now we have party political broadcasts/faction fighting in the MOTORS forum.

Sack the Mods !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

10 people taking bribes in the 80 and 90s

If you can conclude that 80,000 people are idiots

We only know of those ones so far, and the rest are hoping some day someone will make them a bribe they can't refuse.
    alias no.9 wrote:
    it will be a real test of FF's economic credentials
    FF have had none since the 60s. The only non-dummy they've had since they didn't like and sent him off to Brussels.
    Now we have party political broadcasts/faction fighting in the MOTORS forum.
    These are a lot more craic than endless 'which BMW should I buy' threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

This aul forum is gone to the dogs lately......

It's the time of year, Crowdedhouse. The impending break is more than needed. You wouldn't be having these discussions in sunny June....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

junkyard wrote: »
    Nothing left for me to say ninty9er only, CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR THE WINNER OF THIS MONTHS BRASSO AWARD.

Yay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

*Puts on the nagging voice*
    For gods sake, give it a rest.
    This is a motors forum, not the political forum. :)

Oh and for all you moanin about FF, if you don't like them then maybe go out and vote.
    If you didn't vote, then shut the hell up.

If only that ad on utv was true about the no vote, no voice....zip.

Mods please could you close the thread or move it to the political forum.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Well said lafors

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement