Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up dual monitors?

Options
  • 20-12-2007 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭

sorry I'm a bit of a noob so bear with me...:o

I have this laptop, and I want to use a second monitor with the laptop, em, what do i need? can i get some sort of adapter for two outputs? Or do I need a new graphics card? is it even possible to replace my current one?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

your laptop should have a connection on the back of it.
    get a monitor cable, plug it into the monitor and into that port on the laptop.

turn the laptop on and same with the monitor.

most laptop's have a "fn" key down the bottom left on the keyboard.
    also find the crt/lcd key on the keyboard. its probably one of the f key's up the top.

hold the fn key, and press the crt/lcd screen.

if that doesnt work, then right click on the windows desktop, and select properties.
    go to display settings.
    and you should have a box with 2 monitors on it.
    select the second one, and click "extend my desktop onto this monitor"

play around with it for a while and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

thanks for that but i already have an extra monitor connected to my laptop, I'm just wondering what's involved in adding another one? so it'd be the laptop and two additional monitors.

Advertisement