Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo / IBM stockist

Options
  • 20-12-2007 4:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone in Cork stock Lenovo notebooks?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

dahamsta wrote: »
    Does anyone in Cork stock Lenovo notebooks?

adam

Try laptops direct, they will ship one to you....

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Evros in Little Island should have them. They've demo'd them to me before. They should have the fancy tablet ones too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sorry, should have said, online's no good to me. Need to actually have a poke at it.

It's the fancy tablet ones I'm looking for, as it happens. I'll try them deRanged, thanks.

adam

Evros stock them, but not physically. Same problem as when I want to buy a high-end phone, Irish retailers want you to pay over the odds for something you can't even try before you buy. Why should I buy Irish if they're not even going to make an effort?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

That's strange, Evros have offered me trials of IBM kit before, and they run demos in UCC each year.
    I think I'll be doing some purchasing in the new year, maybe I'll try them for a weeks demo of a tablet. Doubt that'll be much help to you though, unless you're not planning to buy for a couple of months.

Nah, no rush. Hopefully buying a batch of kit in the new year.

To be fair to Evros, yerone came back and said she'd talk to a customer they sold to, to see if a demo could be a arranged. I'll take them up on it in the new year.

I'm tempted by the new Dell Latitude XT, but the prices are looney toons.

Scientist, are you sure about that? X61 tablets? Sound Store never struck me as a high end stockist.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

try calyx

www.calyx.ie

Calyx is a services company surely? Do you actually know that they stock Lenovo, or are we just throwing company names into the pot now?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

dahamsta wrote: »
    Calyx is a services company surely? Do you actually know that they stock Lenovo, or are we just throwing company names into the pot now?

From my dealings with Calyx it seems to be that they will sell you items but then they go and buy them for you (other than printers).

The Dell Tablet is nice but the prices are fairly steep. FujitsuSiemens do a nice tablet as well - can't recall the model number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

With my experience of Calyx, PFH and others

They will all sell anything, and NO one stocks items untill you have ordered them

There are not many compnaies that will hold a stock as items change so fast

Which is why I was looking for stockists.

Advertisement