Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel booking with 3v Card

Options
  • 20-12-2007 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,
    I booked a hotel yesterday on my 3v card. It's a surprise for my boyf for xmas.
    The hotel was €320 so I got a €320 3v voucher. When booking the hotel online, I requested that the total cost be charged to my card on booking.
    I received confirmation of my booking by email.
    But when I checked my 3v account I still had the €320.
    If I call the hotel can they take the full amount from my 3V card if I ask them?
    If I have to pay cash upon arrival I won't have it because it takes 10-15 days for the money to be refunded to me from my 3v card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

ainet wrote: »
    Hi,
    I booked a hotel yesterday on my 3v card. It's a surprise for my boyf for xmas.
    The hotel was €320 so I got a €320 3v voucher. When booking the hotel online, I requested that the total cost be charged to my card on booking.
    I received confirmation of my booking by email.
    But when I checked my 3v account I still had the €320.
    If I call the hotel can they take the full amount from my 3V card if I ask them?
    If I have to pay cash upon arrival I won't have it because it takes 10-15 days for the money to be refunded to me from my 3v card.

Relax, its probably just taking a little while to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah you almost always pay for the hotel when you check OUT, so that they can bill you for room service, minibar etc...
    Ring them, they might be able to help you out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

eth0_ wrote: »
    Yeah you almost always pay for the hotel when you check OUT, so that they can bill you for room service, minibar etc...
    Ring them, they might be able to help you out.

This is very true, but if he has to pay when he checks out they'll want a credit card and the V3 details won't do them....atleast not normally

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Just call them and ask them to run the payment, although they will still want a card to be presented at check-in for any room extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

You might want to have a look at the 3V site as I think I remember seeing something about not being able to use 3V for hotel bookings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ainet

This is from the 3v website....
    "However, you may use a 3V Voucher to book a hotel room or rental car online, but you will need to present a credit or debit card or cash upon arrival or check-in - You cannot use a 3V Voucher to pay after you check-in to a Hotel or pick up a rental car."

So that is why I requested for the full amount to be taken from the card on booking.
    I am planning on paying for extras with my Laser Card/Cash on arrival.

Advertisement