Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I love Tottenham" - Berbs

Options
  • 20-12-2007 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

He's definitely off now :D:D:D;)

From today's Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/sport/2007/12/20/sfntot120.xml
    I love Tottenham
    Dimitar Berbatov has revealed that he is happy to stay at Tottenham despite being linked with a move when the transfer window opens in January, with Manchester United reported to be offering Louis Saha and defender Wes Brown plus £6 million to tempt the north London club into selling the Bulgarian international.

Berbatov recently stated he was happy with life and has been taken aback by the support Tottenham fans have shown following his move into the English game.

"It's a pleasure and an honour to play for Tottenham and I enjoy myself here. I love everyone who loves Tottenham and I see the passion of our fans," he said.

"It doesn't matter if we are winning or losing, they are still behind us and that's what I really appreciate. When we go on to the pitch and we hear them applauding and cheering the team, it gives us a lift and makes us determined to do well."

Tottenham suffered a dreadful start to this season which resulted in manager Martin Jol being sacked. His replacement, Juande Ramos, has managed to lift the gloom and has steered the side to the last 32 of the Uefa Cup and, thanks to Tuesday night's win at Manchester City, a place in the semi-finals of the Carling Cup.

Berbatov is aware of the cup traditions surrounding the north London club and would love to see Spurs maintain their attacking style and win a major trophy.
    advertisement

Berbatov added: "I speak to past players and fans and they tell me about the players who used to play for Tottenham, the style of football they played - the likes of David Ginola and Glenn Hoddle, players who enjoyed the game.

"I have watched so many goals of Hoddle and he was unbelievable. I have never seen goals like his before. He scored great goals and performed great tricks and all for one reason - to entertain.

"Entertaining the fans is what football is all about. Of course I like scoring goals, but sometimes you can get more pleasure from playing that difficult or clever pass which leads to a goal than actually scoring the goal itself."

Tottenham goalkeeper Paul Robinson has staked his claim to win back his England place under Fabio Capello, insisting: "I'm getting back to my best."

The 28-year-old feels his confidence is returning and he kept Spurs ahead on Tuesday night with a stunning save to deny Darius Vassell. "I did have a dip in confidence, and it affected my performances a little bit," said Robonson. "But my confidence is coming back now, and I think people can see from the way I'm playing that I'm getting back to my best."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Lets hope he stays he's starting to hit form again.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Cant see Utd pay £25M Pat and i think we won't take their rubbish - hopefully.

I see West Ham thinking of paying £10M for D.Bent - please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

galinka wrote: »
    Cant see Utd pay £25M Pat and i think we won't take their rubbish - hopefully.

I see West Ham thinking of paying £10M for D.Bent - please!
    Camolli want loose face after just a few months, no way! Sure they fired Jol to save his arse already!:rolleyes:

Advertisement