Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dexters Age

• 20-12-2007 12:21pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I am little confused over his age. During all the old case coverage and flashbacks and the bit with Ramirez, it came out that the container/blood/mother incident happened in 1973 when Dexter was 3, so this would have made the character 36/37 in the first 2 seasons, right? However, isn't Deb the same age roughly as him? From all the flashbacks and stuff she says I think they are the same age anyhow, give or take. However, in one scene doesn't Deb say that she was in high school 10 years ago? Dexter is never 10 years or so older than her in the flashbacks. And, I am also not a great fan of her lookswise tbh, but there is no way her character is 36/37, is there?

I'm confuzzled, but probably missing something, so help, plz.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

You haven't missed anything. Consider it a gaffe on the part of the show.
    Teenage Dex and Deb couldn't be more than two or three years apart but adult Dex and Deb are clearly a lot more than that.

Off Topic: Btw apparently child Dex, teenage Dex and adult Dex all have different coloured eyes..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

zomg SCANDAL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

5starpool wrote: »
    And, I am also not a great fan of her lookswise tbh,

This was the only bit of your post I took notice of! :eek: Not a great fan of her lookwise* :eek: Wow, just wow! I think she's beautiful!

Anyway, getting back to your original point. It does appear to be a gaffe and maybe something that's slowly corrected over time...assuming Dexter continues long enough.

* Wow, have to say it again, this really shocks me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

The 1st season was based on Darkly Dreaming Dexter which was published in 2004. Book was probably writen in 2003 which would make Dexter around 33. Deb is probably meant to be a good 3-4 years younger than Dexter but because the young versions were played by the same actors she just looked older. If all that sounds logical then it's not much of a scandal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I think she's wrote off too. Far too tomboy and manly.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

r3nu4l wrote: »
    This was the only bit of your post I took notice of! :eek: Not a great fan of her lookwise* :eek: Wow, just wow! I think she's beautiful!
    She has a fine body, if a bit skinny, but her face is not that attractive at all, too weird.
    CodeMonkey wrote: »
    The 1st season was based on Darkly Dreaming Dexter which was published in 2004. Book was probably writen in 2003 which would make Dexter around 33. Deb is probably meant to be a good 3-4 years younger than Dexter but because the young versions were played by the same actors she just looked older. If all that sounds logical then it's not much of a scandal...

The versions of them when they were 10 or so weren't played by them, and there would be appreciable size gaps and so on at that age which there aren't.

Advertisement