Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with pantone Colours

Options
  • 20-12-2007 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I have been given a companies pantone colours.

I need to get more faded versions of the colours for the website. I don't necessarily want to change the shade just fade it sufficiently to use it on backgrounds and menus.

How do I get the faded colour code to insert in my HTML as a hex colour?

The colours are

Blue - Pantone 288 cvc
    Blue - 100 cyan, 65 magenta, 0 yellow, 30 black.

Green - Pantone 79% of 341 cvc
    Green - 79 cyan, 0 magenta, 54.5 yellow, 23.7 black.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Peter B wrote: »
    I have been given a companies pantone colours.

I need to get more faded versions of the colours for the website. I don't necessarily want to change the shade just fade it sufficiently to use it on backgrounds and menus.

How do I get the faded colour code to insert in my HTML as a hex colour?

The colours are

Blue - Pantone 288 cvc
    Blue - 100 cyan, 65 magenta, 0 yellow, 30 black.

Green - Pantone 79% of 341 cvc
    Green - 79 cyan, 0 magenta, 54.5 yellow, 23.7 black.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for (I suck at the graphics side of things), but I use a program called "Color Cop". It can give you the hex code for any colour visible on your desktop. You just move the magnifying glass over the part of the page that has the colour you want to use.

Advertisement