Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dampness

Options
  • 20-12-2007 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking into buying an apartment in the City Centre - I just viewed on that suits my needs and within my price range. The only thing is on the exterior walls (sitting room & bedroom) there are slight signs of dampness. Were I to buy this apartment could anyone tell me can such a problem be solved and how big of a job would this be? Also approx what would the cost of such a job be as this will influence the bid I place on the apartment. The lengths of the two walls in question are approx 8 foot & 12 foot....

Any guidance at all would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

I think getting a surveyor to have a look is probably the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Is this a ground floor flat? Could be condensation, check to see if vents are blocked or if there are any at all....Sometimes they have vents in the pvc windows which is think doesn't do the job its supposed to do...

Advertisement