Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old name for Robert Reade's pub ?

Options
  • 20-12-2007 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭

Behind Busaras, near the Garda station in Store Street ... there is a pub that is now called "Robert Reade's".

Does anyone remember the previous name(s)?
    I'm trying to find out what is was called maybe 10-12 years ago.

I've googled, but found nothing helpful. Thanks, in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

trout wrote: »
    Behind Busaras, near the Garda station in Store Street ... there is a pub that is now called "Robert Reade's".

Does anyone remember the previous name(s)?
    I'm trying to find out what is was called maybe 10-12 years ago.

I've googled, but found nothing helpful. Thanks, in advance.

Which end, Frenchmans lane or Amiens St?.. Amiend St was The Master Mariner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Keating's? Or is that still there...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

One of them was called the something Pig, apparently the station occupants objected.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

spurious wrote: »
    Keating's? Or is that still there...
    Now there's a question! Keating's used to be on the corner of Frenchman's Lane and Store Street but I don't recall seeing it in the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Victor wrote: »
    One of them was called the something Pig, apparently the station occupants objected.

For a very short time recently it was called 'The squealing Pig', but under objections from the local pigs it was changed back to 'The Master Mariner'.

Incidentially the orginal name was apparently 'The squealing Pig', but I'm not sure of the complete history of the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Keatings! that's the one. ... it was cracking me up that I couldn't remember.

Thanks lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The Master Mariner is now Kate's Cottage. Keatings is now Reade's.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mairt wrote: »
    the orginal name was apparently 'The squealing Pig', but I'm not sure of the complete history of the name.
    Probably an abattoir/slaughter house on the original site.

Advertisement