Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CM Punk

• 20-12-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Anyone else think that he is in desperate need of a heel turn? I was watching some old ROH stuff the other night and the guy just works much better as a cocky arogant heel. He is really stale in his role at the moment and I think he needs it. I suspect the only reason it hasnt happened is the severe lack of top faces to take his place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

His straight edge gimmick is more suited to a heel but as you say there's no one to take his place on ECW.

There's talk of a draft after Wrestlemania and I've a feeling he'll end up on Raw or Smackdown following that. If this turns out to be the case then I suspect a heel turn would be around the corner for him.

I think he badly needs to be given more mic time. Randy Orton and Batista are given lots of mic time as champions. Punk isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

They could do an angle where he gets drafted and is forced to drop the title as he is not an ECW wrestler anymore. They could have him be pissed at this leading to a heel turn. Id love to see him feud with Jeff over the IC title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    They could do an angle where he gets drafted and is forced to drop the title as he is not an ECW wrestler anymore. They could have him be pissed at this leading to a heel turn. Id love to see him feud with Jeff over the IC title.

I suspect WWE will try Jeff with the big belt soon, with his upcoming match with Randy Orton at RR expect the IC belt to be dropped sooner rather than later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I suspect WWE will try Jeff with the big belt soon, with his upcoming match with Randy Orton at RR expect the IC belt to be dropped sooner rather than later
    Can't say that i see them giving Jeff a World title anytime soon, as much as i'd love it, i just don't see it happening pre-2009 at the earliest!
    I'd be cool to see CM Punk bring a bit of meaning to the IC Title but surely going from ECW Champion to IC Champion is a bit of a step down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

The ECW title is meaningless. The IC title right now is meaningless. Not a step down or a step up, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

When and if they turn Punk heel and IF they give him the time on the mic he will be ****ing huge. He has more charisma in his little finger than 90% of the WWE roster combined. I mean Orton is the top heel and he looks SO lost on the mic these days, its a joke. punk would eat him alive on a live mic, face or heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The IC title would be a step up, as he'd have three times the amount of people watching him. The IC title is associated with bigger stars than the ECW title in WWE is, so it'd be a bit of a step up in that way too. Still, only speculation
    His straight edge gimmick is more suited to a heel but as you say there's no one to take his place on ECW.

I remember posting about this after Benoit died and I had to re-think myself. I always thought that his straight-edge gimmick works better when he's a heel, and it obviously worked great when he was working the indys. But the fans at indy shows are mostly guys between the ages of 15 and 35, and most men that age like to drink. So Punk saying that he's better than them because he doesn't drink worked

But in WWE, a large section of the audience are kids. Punk can't claim to be better than them for not drinking. The kids wouldn't think that drink is cool or anything like that, so I can't really see it working

He could always focus the attention less on drink and drugs and more on how dedicated he is to being the best I suppose. Just tie in the non-drinking into part of his proof as to why he's got more commitment and desire than the fans. I can't see him recreating his character on the indys, but I just hope that whenever he does turn heel that he doesn't get watered down and can still bring about that hatred that he was able to get before he signed with WWE. That character provided me with so much entertainment

He does need more mic time though, he's a natural at that. Pity about the scripts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Punk needs to be a heel. They would be mad not to put him on Raw or Smackdown and let his off his leash. I was reading Batistas book (I know, I'm not quite sure what happened there either...) and he as saying that he's crap at remembering his lines so they let him just go with bullet points. The thing is Batista is a plank with no charisma which is why he still sucks promo wise. If Punk could get away with that he would be laughing. and so would we.

Double C wrote: »
    I was reading Batistas book (I know, I'm not quite sure what happened there either...) and he as saying that he's crap at remembering his lines so they let him just go with bullet points. The thing is Batista is a plank with no charisma which is why he still sucks promo wise. If Punk could get away with that he would be laughing. and so would we.

Haha! Flair, Punk and Jericho have got to pretend they've gone senile soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

CM Punk is the only face in the whole of ECW bar Tommy Dreamer and Kelly Kelly not to mention the ECW heels are doing a great job. Morrisson has been gold since the gimmick change, I suppose Big Daddy V is menacing, looks like Burke and Shelton will be doing the cocky athlete thing and then there's the MIZ!, whom I would make a case for but I'd be asking for abuse.

The last thing ECW needs is for Punk to turn and I think it'd be unfair to reward him with a move to the bigger brands when he isn't the best performer on the roster

• Advertisement

I think he gets the biggest reaction though, and that the fans care more about him than anyone else on ECW

Fozzy wrote: »
    I think he gets the biggest reaction though, and that the fans care more about him than anyone else on ECW

That's because he's the only face and he's the champ. He's also a good role model to kids which means that parents probably push him. This year he has been constantly outperformed by Morrison and The MIZ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Stop it for god sake lol, its gone beyond a joke, Mike The Miz Mizanin is horrible he has gotten slightly better lately but hes still sloppy and boring and meh!!!

I just mean a reaction in general. The heels still get booed, but not as much as Punk gets cheered. Maybe him being practically the only face on the show does help him with that though

EdK wrote: »
    Stop it for god sake lol, its gone beyond a joke, Mike The Miz Mizanin is horrible he has gotten slightly better lately but hes still sloppy and boring and meh!!!

Much like Van Gogh, he's not appreciated in his own time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

If they were to turn him heel and move him to another brand then obviously they would have to bring in another face or 2 to take his place. I think Rey could do with a stint in ECW to be honest or just move Kane over full time. He seems to be there a lot anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

id like to see punk turn heel!!

Advertisement