Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic in Mahon

Options
  • 20-12-2007 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭

:mad:Is it just me, or is the traffic in the Mahon Point area getting to everyone? I waste 15 minutes of my life every evening sitting in shopping centre traffic for a distance that would take me five minutes to walk.

And it's all down to wonderful planning, wouldn't you think that the city planners would have widened the road between Skehard Road and Mahon Point. Yes, it widens, but too close to the junction near the shopping centre to make any difference to the gridlock.

I and the hundreds of other workers in the area can only look forward to more chaos once the new retail units open up nearby.

*rant over*
    Sorry, had to get it off my chest, but at least I don't work in Dublin! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

City planners & forward thinking? Whatever next? You're on a slippery slope there OP, next thing you know, you'll be wanting synchronised traffic lights, and more flyovers/underpasses. Down with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

careful now!

Yeah, I believe other countries are looking to us as an example of what NOT to do with city planning!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The new office block beside Project Management is going to make it worse and then the devleopment to replace MA/Com will add more to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

The plans for the road system around Mahon Point were obviously scribbled on the back of a cornflake box.

Make that a Coco Pops box.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kramxw

Yep, very bad planning.

The road is a nightmare, will only get worse. Somebody should be held accountable for such apalling planning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

didnt y'all hear about the mahon point bypass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Im sure theres meant to be a hotel etc built on the jocobs island side too. its pissing me off big time. i always drive blackrock to ballinlough and have to use a load of backstreets to avoid skehard road but nowdays im doing it with trucks etc. the backstreets are aproaching gridlock now. it had better get better after x mass. Whats really annoying too is everyone who comes of the link approaching mahon point and blocks the junction rather then wait for the lane to have space.

Advertisement