Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS - Package possibly stolen

Options
  • 20-12-2007 2:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

It's not my day:(

I was awaiting a package via UPS. I checked the tracking no. and it says it was delivered yesterday at 5pm and apparently signed by me. Of course this isn't the case.

I rang UPS this morning, they rang me back just now saying they will have to open an investigation to try and determine what happened.

I asked the guy on the phone straight out what he thought had happened based on experience. He said it's most likely been stolen. But it could have been brought to the incorrect address. Which is entirely possible if they don't know my area much.

If the driver remembers which house he brought it too would they send him back to collect it?

What really pissed me off is that if it was sent to the wrong house, they haven't brought it to the right house, especially considering the cost of the item and the fact that it's so close to Xmas!

This was a present for my girlfriend and cost me almost €300.:(

To be honest, I understand these things happen, I just want to know I’ll be fully reimbursed if they can't get find it.

I'm just wondering if this happened to anyone else and if so what was the outcome?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

It's not my day:(

I was awaiting a package via UPS. I checked the tracking no. and it says it was delivered yesterday at 5pm and apparently signed by me. Of course this isn't the case.

I rang UPS this morning, they rang me back just now saying they will have to open an investigation to try and determine what happened.

I asked the guy on the phone straight out what he thought had happened based on experience. He said it's most likely been stolen. But it could have been brought to the incorrect address. Which is entirely possible if they don't know my area much.

If the driver remembers which house he brought it too would they send him back to collect it?

What really pissed me off is that if it was sent to the wrong house, they haven't brought it to the right house, especially considering the cost of the item and the fact that it's so close to Xmas!

This was a present for my girlfriend and cost me almost €300.:(

To be honest, I understand these things happen, I just want to know I’ll be fully reimbursed if they can't get find it.

I'm just wondering if this happened to anyone else and if so what was the outcome?

Cheers.

Few things might have happened:

1 Stolen - but that's very rare really, and usually it just goes missing, there is no POD or anything.

2 Delivered to the neighbour

3 Went back to the warehouse

2 and 3 are very probable. It's a very busy period for UPS now, and they outsorce the drivers a lot. Outsorced drivers wouldn't have DIADS (the computer things UPS drivers have), they just use paper to collect signatures and delivery details. This info is later key-entered to the system, sometimes when the signature is illegible, they might take the easy way and just key enter the name of the receiver, so the systems will show that you've signed for it.
    You should call their number, and ask them to fax you a Proof of Delivery, together with the scan of signature, you might be able to recognise a neighbour's name. You can also knock to the neighbours and just ask.

As for money back - did you have an insurance? If not, it might be difficult to get money back.

Another thing is if it was any kind of express delivery, you can get the transportation charges back.

Of course it might be something else entirely. Don't loose hope, this is the busiest week of the year for UPS, so mistakes tend to happen, and as i said parcels get stolen very rarely, UPS has ba very good loss prevention system in place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Regarding insurance. I took the most expensive delivery option which guarantees delivery within 24-48 hours. If this doesn't include insurance i'd be highly surprised.

I ordered it from pixmania, on their FAQ they say that if an item is lost and cannot be found, they will resend the item. So this should probably cover me.

I don't know my neighbours tbh. If i don't get it i'll ask them to send me any POD.

Regarding insurance. I took the most expensive delivery option which guarantees delivery within 24-48 hours. If this doesn't include insurance i'd be highly surprised.

I ordered it from pixmania, on their FAQ they say that if an item is lost and cannot be found, they will resend the item. So this should probably cover me.

Delivery option doesn't include the insurance, you have to request it specificaly by putting the value of the goods on the Waybill (not only on thecomercial invoice).

Anyway, in this case you are just a receiver, and UPS will deal with the shipper only and they would get any refunds. What I mean is that you are doing business with Pixmania, and Pixmania is doing business with UPS, so any complaints would have to be handled by Pixmania.

But anyway, as you said, Pixmania will resend it if lost, so you are grand.

Yeah, i've contacted Pixmania also.

When completing the order there are no options for added insurance. Only delivery options.

Thanks for the advice.

Just checked the tracking no. there. It's been reopened and the last entry was...
    THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE UPS FACILITY, UPS WILL DELIVER ON THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY

So, according to this it should be delivered tomorrow!:)

That's a weight off my shoulders ha! Thinking back, it's kind of strange the guy telling me that it's probably stolen! And even stranger that it was closed as ''delivered'' as well as signed for by me... Mmmmmmm, interesting:rolleyes:

Ah well, i don't care now, as long as i get it!

• Advertisement

Just checked the tracking no. there. It's been reopened and the last entry was...

So, according to this it should be delivered tomorrow!:)

That's a weight off my shoulders ha! Thinking back, it's kind of strange the guy telling me that it's probably stolen! And even stranger that it was closed as ''delivered'' as well as signed for by me... Mmmmmmm, interesting:rolleyes:

Ah well, i don't care now, as long as i get it!

It might have been a temp you were talking to on the phone. And as for a closing scan it''s probably a key entry mistake.

Glad to hear it's sorted.

Advertisement