Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Works on N18 south of Oranmore roundabouts

Options
  • 20-12-2007 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all,

There are works going between Oranmore and Clarinbridge, just south of the Oranmore roundabouts. Whatever it is they are doing straddles the road at that point.

Anyone got any idea what this is all about? Can't find anything relevant on county website.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I read in the Galway Independent that they're building a new roundabout to curtail traffic. It seems the T-junction at the dairies will then be blocked. Here is the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Can't come soon enough. I happened to arrive a few minutes after a very serious accident at that N18 junction a few years back, harrowing stuff. Even though it has been improved recently it's a big risk to even use it to turn into Oranmore.

Regular users of that road will also notice the worse than ever flooding on the right (n18 towards galway) around Moneymore, all thanks to the fantastic planners of the Frenchfort estate who have managed to push all flood waters into this area and completely flooding the access road (bog rd) and a few houses along it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Regular users of that road will also notice the worse than ever flooding on the right (n18 towards galway) around Moneymore, all thanks to the fantastic planners of the Frenchfort estate who have managed to push all flood waters into this area and completely flooding the access road (bog rd) and a few houses along it...

i thing you will find that its the councillors to blame here, they probably voted for the go ahead for the development contrary to the planners recommendations. this is whats goin on up and down the country highlighted in a recent primetime investigates episode on the issue of councillors pushing thru crazy developments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

skelliser wrote: »
    i thing you will find that its the councillors to blame here, they probably voted for the go ahead for the development contrary to the planners recommendations. this is whats goin on up and down the country highlighted in a recent primetime investigates episode on the issue of councillors pushing thru crazy developments

oh, I'm sure the developers and planners had the whole community's well-being in mind! From working in the industry, I know the developers don't care about consequences, all they want is the go-ahead. I know what yer saying, the council and/or councillors are as much to blame but there should be an onus on developers to thoroughly investigate potential developments and environmental impact. They knew very well what they were doing with those developments but choose to ignore the consequences to make a quick buck. Its only a matter of time before that N18 stretch of road is in pieces aswell, costing the tax payer again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulh19

ethernet wrote: »
    I read in the Galway Independent that they're building a new roundabout to curtail traffic. It seems the T-junction at the dairies will then be blocked. Here is the article.

Thanks for that!
    Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

If the road is blocked off at the Dairies and a roundabout built which route will it take and where will it join the existing road network?

Advertisement