Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Touch Working Through Netopia Router?

Options
  • 20-12-2007 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

The new IPOD touch comes with WIFI, but apart from airports, cafes,hotspots etc, I presume this can view and connect to an eircom or any other vendor wireless router at home in the same way a laptop would once I have the WEP code?

I know this is an obvious enough question, but need to ask before sourcing via adverts.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

The new IPOD touch comes with WIFI, but apart from airports, cafes,hotspots etc, I presume this can view and connect to an eircom or any other vendor wireless router at home in the same way a laptop would once I have the WEP code?

I know this is an obvious enough question, but need to ask before sourcing via adverts.ie

Yes, I always use mine through my home Eircom Netopia router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yeah, it should. Will also work with WPA, should you get a router that supports this stronger encryption.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

excellent thanks!

Sometimes you need to just make sure, its never spelt out.

Thanks again, now just to go and see where I can get a 2nd hand one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Can I ask one more quesiton on this lads, can the wi-fi to a home broadband router wokr fine without the need for jailbreak??

seems there is some confusion on the net about this, what infact is jailbreaking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

yes.
    "jailbreaking" is installing your own applications on iTouch/iPhone or bypassing SIM lock on iPhone.

IMO iPhone & iTouch has *ONLY* the GUI going for them. Other products are either better build quality, cutomisable out of box with your own applications, cheaper or more funtionality. (Though not all of these in one product).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

watty wrote: »
    yes.
    "jailbreaking" is installing your own applications on iTouch/iPhone or bypassing SIM lock on iPhone.

IMO iPhone & iTouch has *ONLY* the GUI going for them. Other products are either better build quality, cutomisable out of box with your own applications, cheaper or more funtionality. (Though not all of these in one product).
    QFT. This break-down of costs for the Touch will annoy any sane consumer ;)

Advertisement