Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread Maker... Where to buy one?

• 20-12-2007 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Where can I buy a bread maker in Dublin? Can someone recommend a model? Average price as a gift for family.

Please help
    Ian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have a Panasonic SD-253, bought in Argos. It's the bee's knees, but is on the pricey side compared to a lot of them out there.

I think though that it's been superseded by a newer model. Look here ...

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&langId=-1&q=BREADMAKER&pp=20&r_1=1|Brand|Panasonic|1

Mine has the ingredients dispenser which is handy for making breads with seeds or other things in them, so I think it's probably the equivalent of the SD-255. I think my SD-253 was about €149 at the time, so that's be about right, price wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have the sd-255 and it's brilliant. I had a Morphy Richards one before that and it just crapped out but I've read reviews of the Panasonic ones and they seem to last forever. If you're buying one spend the extra few quid and get one that will last. The receipes are really good with the ds-255 too. Also the paddle never gets stuck in the loaf or leaves a giant hole like the last one did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I got one in Argos.. can't remember which one.. it was a compact one though... might have been kenwood..
    Its grand.. though one thing i notice is that on bread mixes it always takes less time to cook in the oven than a breadmaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

kenwood dw-200, from argos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Thanks guys. I bought a Kenwood from Arnotts for the gift. It didn't take long before the bread was being baked. Brown and gluten free...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

ian_m wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I bought a Kenwood from Arnotts for the gift. It didn't take long before the bread was being baked. Brown and gluten free...

same for me, it's a great bread maker I have to say

Advertisement