Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biocycle !

Options
  • 20-12-2007 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi guys !

I have a biocycle unit but the problem is that the fuse keeps blowing. I change it and it will work away for between 3 days - 2 weeks and it goes again.

Is the pump meant to be going 24/7 ? or should i just switch it on for a few hrs ?

Bought the house just over a yr ago and the auctioneer that sold it never explained it to me and i'm a city slicker and don't have much of a clue !

Any help or ideas appreciated

Cheers guys !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Hi guys !

I have a biocycle unit but the problem is that the fuse keeps blowing. I change it and it will work away for between 3 days - 2 weeks and it goes again.

Is the pump meant to be going 24/7 ? or should i just switch it on for a few hrs ?

Bought the house just over a yr ago and the auctioneer that sold it never explained it to me and i'm a city slicker and don't have much of a clue !

Cheers guys !
    ring biocycle they have/ had a ten year guarentee also they do a maintenance package
    ive had dealing with them in the past a no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rugbymad

Hi guys !

Cheers guys !

up grade your fuse to stronger one, i had this problem with a pellett boiler once i used a stronger fuse all went well. Usually the motor keeps running, advise from manufactures on treatment units is keep them running , they use very little power.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭10-10-20

rugbymad wrote: »
    up grade your fuse to stronger one, i had this problem with a pellett boiler once i used a stronger fuse all went well. Usually the motor keeps running, advise from manufactures on treatment units is keep them running , they use very little power.

If they "use very little power" then there should be no need to change the fuse to a higher rated one! A blown fuse is a sign of a problem unless the install was incorrectly specified in the first place!
    OP, if you can provide us with the consumption of the pump based upon the rated wattage on the label we can advise on whether you should 'upgrade' the fuse...!

Advertisement