Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I was abused by a taxi driver in the bus lane yesterday.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

You don't know me, so don't judge me.

I don't need to know you. You're full of attitude about taxi drivers, yet you somehow think your behaviour is above reproach. You broke the law. You don't get to choose who judges you for doing so. YOU ARE WRONG. You broke the law. You got a dose of your own ignorance and bad attitude. You lose. Simple. That's not something you can refute, so everything else you write now is just about pedantry and trying to distract everyone else from that fact.
    Yeah, that would make you feel better, an accident. This coming from you, ha. My punishment would have been a fine and points, I'll accept that, but no one deserves abuse from a stranger.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Fine and points, if that's the only price drivers like you ever paid. Ignorance is bliss. You drove somewhere you're not supposed to drive, which makes you irresponsible and unpredictable on the road in the eyes of law abiding motorists like myself. So, yeah, I hope you get just what you deserve.

That's not personal abuse bucko, that's straight talking. If you don't like it, tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Next time you don't dare to drive because it's too icy, cold, foggy, wet ...or you drank too much I hope you'll be able to get a taxi. You're forgetting one thing here : since a good few hate taxi's in here we'll suspend them from tomorrow. The airport will grind to a halt, the railway stations will be congested, the HSE will be in a jocker with non-urgent patient transport and you can all pay 49 euro per 7 people travelling to the airport from a rained out bus stop somewhere in town. Why : because some muppet who knew they hadn't enough time to get from Liffey Valley and back decided to use the bus lane. I don't come in to your office to take up time and space on your phone and PC either chappy so don't interfere with my workspace either. :mad:

Very well put, Stevie.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dub13 wrote: »
    How did he know that the OP was not a cop...?or someone in a rush is hospital...?

Probably because the OP pulled back into traffic (most likely crossing the solid white line, another offence) so wasnt really rushing anywhere. I'm assuming he crossed the white line a second time when pulling back in behind the taxi driver. He's lucky a gard wasnt observign and racking up the offences.

, but no one deserves abuse from a stranger.

Idiots do. Thats what they are for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

1. Who said i drive a Beemer.
    2. I like the way statistics or lack-of, prove that the majority of Buslane bandits are actual drivers of certain marque of car. No statistics, just opinion.

Taxi drivers are one to talk. Yes they have paid 6 grand for their licence, but i wonder how many are sending in the tax returns accurately. It's nice to be able to get the cash in hand, not unlike us PAYE suckers.

4. I freqented many a taxi driver who broke the speed limit, and the same that can be said for driving "the long way round" too.

Response to :

1/ I said what I see on a regular basis.You can call it a statistic,a fact or whatever you like.

2/ I would say many are sending there tax returns in properly.Tax clearance certs are obtained in order to renew their licences.If the revenue had an issue they would not issue one.

3/I cannot comment on speed limits only on the way I drive.This applies to everyone here.If you want the Taxi to go a certain route TELL THE DRIVER.He is obliged to go that way as you are obliged to pay the fare.He may know 1 route to that destination or a quicker route.

This is a thread about someone using a Bus Lane and then being abused verbally by a taxi driver.Lets not get away from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

There is only a fine for being in the Bus lane, no points involved?
    http://www.penaltypoints.ie/the_full_list_of_offences.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

The nail on the head bcmf. When I pick someone up at let's say at Harcourt Street and they tell me they want to go to let's say Clonsilla my first question is something down the lines of : straight down to the quays and up the navan road allright by you ? Yes ? Of we go...

I remember one instance of picking up a couple in Donaghmede looking to go to Thallaght, same sort a thing : Straight for the motorway folks ? Oh no, the reply comes..we'll direct you. Never been on such a scenic tour of the city..the fare was about 10-12 euro more than it could have been :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Considering the OP has a link to the BMW Car Club Ireland in his sig, then I'm guessing that the OP does indeed have a BMW(I think any regular poster here knows I don't in spite of my username)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭prod_igy

i use that buslane everday with bus eireann and there is nothing more annoying than the bus having to stall in the buslane because some idiot car driver who decided he wanted to use bus lane, then decides he wants to rejoin the rest of traffic......right in the middle of the buslane!

Actually there is something more annoying......those stupid ****ing cyclists that insist on cycling deadcentre along the whole length og the buslane on the dual-carriage way, doing 20kph, with traffic crawling alongside them!! believe me, this happens at least once a week. What i don't understand is why they dont just crawl along at 20kph between the two lines of cars doing 5kph???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Fair play to the taxi driver, at least we know the OP is in the "twat's that shouldn't be driving" category. You'll be over on Personal Issues next about boards.ie bullying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Good grief, the whiff of sanctimony is even worse than the last time I was here. FFS give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

OP: you were completely wrong - so you have no right to give out about a Taxi doing something to you in a place you should not have been.
    prod_igy wrote: »
    Actually there is something more annoying......those stupid ****ing cyclists that insist on cycling deadcentre along the whole length og the buslane on the dual-carriage way, doing 20kph, with traffic crawling alongside them!! believe me, this happens at least once a week.
    Thats not fair on those cyclists considering our government never thinks about cyclists first. There should be a cycle path on those roads - they should not have to share it with large vehicles doing a much higher speed. It is not nice cycling at the edge of the road getting passed out by large buses and getting pushed to the side by the wind they generate.
    prod_igy wrote: »
    What i don't understand is why they dont just crawl along at 20kph between the two lines of cars doing 5kph???
    Because some idiot will open a door or change lanes without indicating etc and kill the poor ****er on the bike. The bus lane is for cyclists and buses etc if the buses don't like the cyclists then why don't they move onto the 5km/hr lane and see how they like that.

blastman wrote: »
    Good grief, the whiff of sanctimony is even worse than the last time I was here. FFS give it a rest.

Give yourself a rest.

How does that saying go.... Sh1t or get off the pot, isn't that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

You would swear that I drove over someone, the way you were going on.

I admitted i was wrong in my original post, and what I did was not right, and if the outcome was that i received a fine then I would have taken it no problem. But all of you are acting as if you never commited a road offense in all your time driving, and are just happy to put your bit in to make me feel guilty for using the Buslane, and say how unsafe it is, to be going in and out of it.

What was dangerous was the fact that the taxi driver stopped dead, not me, he would have caused the accident.

Yes the buslane has a solid white line, so what, but the information plate showed the time allowed to use it, how would I enter it or exit it, if i needed to use it before the start and finish of it.

Also, the whole stereotyping of what cars people drive it just so typical and stupid of people who have nothing better to say. So, hmm, all Honda Civic drivers are boyracers now. Duh, how stupid does it sound.

Taxi drivers and buses have a nice little lane for themselves, lovely, good for them, maybe they should stay in the damn thing then, instead of choosing whatever lane they want. And also, if they are in them, they should slow the hell down, instead of speeding along in them, undertaking the rest of us rats at high speed.

And when they are in a lane for the rest of the public, they should have as much regard for me too. Hazard lights are for a HAZARD, not for stopping in the middle of the road to pick up a customer.

Bullying, ha. Remember that when you get ripped of from a taxi. Don't be surprised if the price goes up because of inflation, or maybe they will stick a surcharge in for fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭prod_igy

axer wrote: »
    Thats not fair on those cyclists considering our government never thinks about cyclists first. There should be a cycle path on those roads - they should not have to share it with large vehicles doing a much higher speed.

I totally agree with you on that, im all for cycle lanes. It would make the roads alot safer for them and better for buses.
    axer wrote: »
    Because some idiot will open a door or change lanes without indicating etc and kill the poor ****er on the bike.
    With traffic travelling at 5kph and cyclists travelling slightly faster, i seriously doubt this is much of a problem, especially when you see motorbikes travelling pretty fast between the cars.

Anyway im reffering to a minority of cyclists who simply make the bus stay behind them until the next junction or even further(knowing the bus is behind them). Most others, check regularly behind them for buses , and when they see one they kindly move over into the slower moving traffic, and then back onto the bus lane when the bus has passed. These minority are giving ye a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Amazed this is still open frankly, no-one is winning here.

Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mike65 wrote: »
    Amazed this is still open frankly, no-one is winning here.

Mike.
    Its not still open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement