Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Just Vibrated

Options
  • 20-12-2007 4:40pm

This is quite odd, but I'm pretty sure that my house just vibrated about a second ago. I live out in Prospect Hill and just heard a REALLY low rubbling and then my room shook a bit.

Did anyone else experience it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mill street - no vibration

Hm, I'm living close-ish to that building site beside Cuba so I wonder if it was anything to do with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

probably. are they laying foundations or something? Still, go ask around with the neighbours. it wouldn't do well if it were only in your building it was felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I live out in Prospect Hill and just heard a REALLY low rubbling and then my room shook a bit.
    Did you have beans for lunch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Maybe it was a ghost train from the old Clifden line passing through under Prospect Hill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

biko wrote: »
    Did you have beans for lunch?

:D
    Or Guinness last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Maybe your just going insane, it happens to the best of us. Embrace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

You've a boney arse. I'm sure it was just a car going past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

It's more than likely the site beside Cuba, they are drilling huge holes in the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

This is quite odd, but I'm pretty sure that my house just vibrated about a second ago. I live out in Prospect Hill and just heard a REALLY low rubbling and then my room shook a bit.

I'm living at the start of College Road and I definitely felt the same thing...I was in bed nursing a hangover but I heard a loud rumble, the house shook! I thought the roof was gonna collapse or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Were you listening to your neighbours having sex and getting really caught up with the action?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Lay off the salvia bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

They must have started the under ground rail sysytem:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

*mono* wrote: »
    Were you listening to your neighbours having sex and getting really caught up with the action?

Da answer is in da name if it was 2 gay men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Is there a rabbit named frank outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

grasshopa wrote: »

lolwtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

lolwtf?

Donny Darko dude :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

grasshopa wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

snubbleste wrote: »
    Maybe it was a ghost train from the old Clifden line passing through under Prospect Hill

only heard about that tunnel recently...would love to go down there and check it out :)

Advertisement