Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pcdata and cddata 2

Options
  • 20-12-2007 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

i was here asking about pcdata and cddata, i understand the theory and all that have studied loads of examples and still i am lost so for example if i had a cd catalog xml file, which of these elements are pcdata and which are cddata and why:
    cd
    title
    artist
    country
    company
    price
    year

sorry for asking again but just cant seem to get this at all, i can make a dtd and an xml file no problem, but dont know what is pcdata and what is cddata in the dtd thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Is this homework or something? I mean I already answered it earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Balo

its part of a project but i have the xml file done, the html file done, the css files done, but with the dtd i just cant figure out what is pcdata and cddata i'm sorry i just cant understand it i've tried for nearly a week now i just cant understand it

if u could tell me which of these elements is either pcdata or cddata and why it would be helpful cause i could understand this as it is relative to the project i am doing, i understand if u cant help no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Sounds like homework to me. Balo, this kind of thing requires a little research on your behalf - that's never going to change now matter how long you're involved in software dev. Be it just for college or developing for 10 years+. Better too start the habit of a lifetime now and save yourself some stress.

Also as its a project maybe you could include a coversheet explaining which element is pcdata and which is cddata and why you decided which is which. Even if its incorrect you'll gain a few marks for explaining your line of thinking.

i have researched i just cant get it u know its obviously simple but i cant, i've read w3schools dtd tutotrial, xmlfiles tutorial, xmlprolog tutorial and i jsut dont understand, i have built websites with asp and vb script, and music upload site with streaming media and a ratings page, which went online and worked and gain me a distinction for 2nd year, i study advanced databases with orcale and sql, I have donw software development and project management for software development, i have set up small networks and learnt how to program routers, i have my cisco CCNA but i jsut cant get this aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

your previous thread I answered it for you. The link I posted explains it better as well.

If your struggling with just this then do you know how to write an XML file at all?

Advertisement