Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol applications in Kilkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

+1 rrpc.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Slug chucker

rrpc wrote: »
    In the case of a 9mm pistol, it might be difficult to prove (ii) above, but if it's for centrefire pistol competition the firearm might as well be a 9mm as a .32, .38, .40 or even a .45.

So what happens if you already have two centrefires and can't really find a competitive use for one of them except for the fact that you enjoy shooting it on the range?
    Is not the enjoyment of shooting sports enough to own a firearm anymore?
    Just curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

So what happens if you already have two centrefires and can't really find a competitive use for one of them except for the fact that you enjoy shooting it on the range?
    Is not the enjoyment of shooting sports enough to own a firearm anymore?
    Just curious :)

No. Apparently the only reason to take up sport these days is to get to the olympics. It's the same in all sport, except gaa and soccer, but they have their own agenda. There's no fun in sport anymore, just work and outrageous pressure to achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It might not be a de jure ban rrpc, but then again, there wasn't a de jure ban on pistols or fullbore rifles for 30 years either. De facto bans, de jure bans, all the same thing as far as casual shooters (who wouldn't relish the thought of a long hard fight against De Man) are concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote: »
    It might not be a de jure ban rrpc, but then again, there wasn't a de jure ban on pistols or fullbore rifles for 30 years either. De facto bans, de jure bans, all the same thing as far as casual shooters (who wouldn't relish the thought of a long hard fight against De Man) are concerned.
    Actually that was a de jure ban, albeit a temporary one. It became a de facto ban because everyone felt that there was no way it could be challenged without it being immediately replaced by another de jure temporary ban.

De facto bans are apparently all in the mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I agree

If you care to look at page 8 of the hardware section you'll see my equipment. I am a casual shooter who also shoots competitively.
    But you can be sure of one thing; if they try to take anything off me I'll invest heavily to defend my sport and won’t take it lying down.
    I’m the guts of twenty years shooting and it’s pretty much all I do in my spare time when I’m not attending to my family’s needs. I’ve always found my local police easy to deal with, not at all times have we seen eye to eye on matters but we have always reached an amicable decision that was agreeable to both parties. In other words in the long run I have prevailed and got what I’m looking for!
    I’m not really sure what I’m trying to say here, I get frightened when I hear change is coming and especially when nobody really knows truly what’s about to happen or how it’s going to be applied.
    Cheers,
    Slug

Slug Chucker

I am in more or less the same boat as yourself. I shoot target, rifle and pistol, but don't do a lot of competitions. I do a lot of hunting and vermin shooting.

I have a feeling that the "Official Target Shooters" are setting themselves up as the only legit users of the proposed "restricted" firearms. The hunters seem to be badly represented. NARGC can prove me wrong here if they wish as their website is still not updated.

There was another FCP meeting on Dec 5, no reports anwhere yet ?

Bunny Shooter,

It kind of sucks not knowing what’s going on behind closed doors. I'm a kind of glass half full guy but sometimes that's not enough because the politicians don’t care about minorities unless there's votes involved or a chance of getting dragged into the EU courts. Some would be quiet happy to loose everything at the bargaining table for the sake of their .22 pistols and plunge us back to bad old days. I just hope this won't be the case.

Cheers,
    Slug.

Bunny Shooter,

It kind of sucks not knowing what’s going on behind closed doors. I'm a kind of glass half full guy but sometimes that's not enough because the politicians don’t care about minorities unless there's votes involved or a chance of getting dragged into the EU courts. Some would be quiet happy to loose everything at the bargaining table for the sake of their .22 pistols and plunge us back to bad old days. I just hope this won't be the case.

Cheers,
    Slug.

New Year will tell a lot ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement