Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with private messaging

Options
  • 20-12-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just a slight problem with the private messaging on boards. The last few pms I sent have certain random words missing from them. I previewed the messages in question several times, and each time, the preview left out the same few words. I sent them as they were. Before anybody asks, they weren't rude words by the way!:D

Its only a slight glitch, but it would be great if someone could help me get around it.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What words were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

% y", "make", "going"-but it's ok. I've found a way around it by putting them in inverted commas when they don't appear in the preview private message window.

Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That's very strange.

/goes to compose a PM with "ni", "peng", neeewong", and "Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing mmmmbmrmmmm".

You're not using a specific font or anything?

Ha, no. Incidently, "b**dy" didn't come up in the last message on this thread. It's coming up as % y" Now that is weird!

Could someone type "bl**dy" on this thread and see if it comes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

bloody bl**dy "bloody" "bl**dy"

All show up as typed

• Advertisement

I don't know why this is! I'm using a different computor than the one I was using yesterday!

I'm a bit of a technophobe-could it be a virus or something that is stuck to my account or something?

Bloody hell!

Edit-its just showed up now as I typed it! This is weird!

Advertisement