Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotels in knock, co. mayo

Options
  • 20-12-2007 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

hi all,

I would like some advise - has any one been to knock and if so where have they stayed.

I can only find two hotels on line and I am not particularly impressed with either. It is a present for a couple in their mid-50's.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved - the locals might have better suggestions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 benbulbin

Not much of quality in Knock town, mostly basic hotel accommodation and hostels, Belmont is about the best from memory. Better off with a B&B. If they have a car there are some very good hotels in the surrounding towns, this is a new one in nearby Claremorris.

http://www.mcwilliamparkhotel.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Knock House Hotel might not seem like much but its incredibly friendly and hospitable with great service, and is only literally a minutes walk to the Basilica and the village. Id highly recommend it, Ive had relatives stay there before and they were impressed by the friendliness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Clueless 2

The Belmont is grim and indesperate need of a re vamp.

Go to the McWilliam in Claremorris. Its a 10 minute drive to Knock on a good road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The Park Hotel in Kiltimagh is the best hotel in the area, its only 10 minutes drive from knock http://www.parkhotelmayo.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Any reason why Knock in particular? The Belmont and Knock House are ok but Knock itself is pretty grim! The new one in Kiltimagh is nice and new but th one in Claremorris (McWilliam Park) is much nicer and theres much more to do in Claremorris. The road to knock is a bypass and is a very good road. There's tons of nice b&bs around too, try www.goldenpages.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Park Hotel, Kiltimagh is the best all round for food and accomodation. Have a fully featured spa as well. While there in Kiltimagh, try the Cill Aodain Court Hotel in Kiltimagh for a meal out. Food is the best in Connaught. Park is a close 2nd BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

The Park Hotel in Kiltimagh is the best hotel in the area

No its not, the spa is only middling & there's no pool
    Cill Aodain Court Hotel in Kiltimagh for a meal out.
    beautyfull resturant, worth the spin.

Road between Kiltimagh & Knock is brutal.

Don't stay in knock, hotels are crap, apart from Knock House Hotel.

There's more life in Claremorris, Mcwilliam is OK, or B&B around the area. There's a few returants around too. New N17 road between Knock & claremorris. 5 min drive (ish).

KoNiT wrote: »

Road between Kiltimagh & Knock is brutal.

It's not that bad and it's only about 4 miles!

There's more life in Claremorris, Mcwilliam is OK....

Yes sometimes it is, and then it is just that...... OK
    or B&B around the area. There's a few returants around too. New N17 road between Knock & claremorris. 5 min drive (ish).

yes..... At 200kph :D

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

keep & eye out for speed camera on barnycarrol hill... ;p

• Advertisement

lol, I hear ya.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Stance

That Park Hotel in Kiltimagh sounds nice , i was born in Kiltimagh a lllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg time ago .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

its true only 2 hotels
    a good b&b wud be better
    nearby towns are only ok
    if they have a car and dont mind driving castlebar isnt to far and its a good road so it wudnt take long
    claremorris is the best of real near towns tho if u want to opt 4 that
    hope it helps

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What about the International Hotel??? Still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Stance wrote: »
    That Park Hotel in Kiltimagh sounds nice , i was born in Kiltimagh a lllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg time ago .;)

How long ago?? I born there also and still live here.

Advertisement