Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

making dublin UGGlier

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

gcgirl wrote: »
    UGGs are ok looking though much prefer the knee height leather boots

Bonus Points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

As would most guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

ei....but there are comfy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

but the same problem can exists with boots as with uggs (although not as bad) but they can still make your legs look frickn' massive! they are worst over jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

TheB wrote: »
    We do.. but IMO they don't need to be as hideous as Uggs to do the job .. I have(lower) thigh/knee length (depending on whether you turn down the cuff) soft-as-butter caramel leather boots .. they are very warm and comfy (heel is high-ish but wide) plus they make my legs look both slimmer than they really are and about 4 miles long.. the only thing they have in common with Uggs is they are a similar(ish) colour..

I love them so much I bought a pair in black too! :D

Bx

nothing wrong with good old fcuk-me boots:D

of course he said that, he's no fool. one of the first lessons we learn about women. "how do i look? you look lovely darling". what you probably didn't hear is when he muttered: "just don't wear them in public okay?"

as for him trying them on, it says a lot about him really: 1) he likes you very much, 2) he has small feet 3)well we know what small feet mean :p

Yeah just thought of that now you said that but mine are very roomy,

He is a size 11 and that myth does really apply to him (yay for me) but I really have found that big feet does not always mean big socks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

well we know what small feet mean :p

We do indeed, small feet -> small shoes :D
    kowloon wrote: »
    Rubbish,

These are practical
    http://www.amazon.com/Danner-Fort-Lewis-200-Gram/dp/B000MSPZ96

Remember proper boots and skirts were fashionable?
    Those were the days :D
    Get with the days please! My god, what you're suggesting there is complete social suicide! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Get with the days please! My god, what you're suggesting there is complete social suicide! :eek:

Actually with the right outfit and 'look' from the lady they'd be kinda hot. Much more so than Uggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Like, OH! MY! GOD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Flukey wrote: »
    As for being the ugliest things around, some of you are probably too young to remember legwarmers or cullottes!! Hopefully they never come back.

Culottes! Aaarrrggghhhhh!!!! When I was 12 my mother got a pair, and myself and my brother told her they were horrible. We learned a lesson about women that day, after seeing the sulk we sent her into, but she learned a lesson too: culottes stink. But wait and see... they'll come back one day!

UGGs look great on a really sexy girl, but then again, as long as a girl is sexy enough, she can wear literally anything, even a bin liner, and she'll look good*.

* Except culottes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What can i say, i'm just more attracted to individuals than sheep who need to keep up with whatever product lines they're told they need to feel good about themselves. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

what is it with UGG boots that every girl in Dublin is wearing them? they have got to be the UGGliest thing around and in that sense they wear their name incerdibly well. i have yet to see a girl look sexy in them. Im sure they're comfortable but wear them in your own home as they were intended to be worn ffs!!!

i drove through donnybrook the other day and it was kiddies disco day in the stadium. There were litterally 150 clones standing outside, all with their uggly boots and creppy hair. it made me chuckle and cringe at the same time, and i was wondering also if we've gone full cycle and the 00s will be laughed at the same way the 80s are now, and i'm expecting a revival of the moon boot any time soon

girls, word of advice, UGGs make you look fuggly

only about 2 years late. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It was refreshing when I was on a holiday in England anod no girl I saw was wearing them, maybe I was just lucky. They looked good, those uggless people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

All of you on the northside are safe. Here in the southside, uggs are taking over! I don't understand why all the d4 girls wanna look the same. Same uggs, same abercrombie and fitch hoodie, and a pair of jeans. They nevefr dream of wearing a tracksuit unless it's an expensive abercrombie and fitch, american eagle etc. one or if it has juicy written across their arse. Grrr...

People say stop complaining but do you know what living with them is like? On the bus, in my estate...even in my school!!!

Grr...even some knackers are better than these clones

Its similar to a group going around on facebook:

"I don't care how comfy crocs are, you still look like an idiot".

I had no idea what in the hell Uggs are, so I did a google-search. They're padded wellies then?

• Advertisement

All of you on the northside are safe.

ha ha they've got me!! :D

On another note though, I can safely say I don't own an abercrombie and fitch hoodie! And girls who have "juicy" and all this sh*t written across their ass are just eejits. :D

ha ha they've got me!! :D

On another note though, I can safely say I don't own an abercrombie and fitch hoodie! And girls who have "juicy" and all this sh*t written across their ass are just eejits. :D

Ah yes. Whoever invented those and printed girls t-shirts were geniuses!

"Oh, em, I was, er, reading your t-shirt"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

uggs + time = material goes to **** and girls look like they have deformed feet because they end up walking on the arches.
    Ah yes, me and one of my friends always rip the piss out of girls for this and you can imagine walking around campus in uni we see alot of the UGGs.
    Pythia wrote: »
    That's only the cheapy fakes. The real ones don't do that.
    I only found this out last month, I always thought that they were all like that. But 95% of the girls I have seen with the UGGs have the cheap ones then :D
    vtec wrote: »
    i think there ok actually, (and im a fella).,
    see blokes get shoes specifically because there warm and comfy, why shouldnt the girls do the same?
    what does get on my nerves is those studenty lookin ones that wear manky addidas/reebok runners with the Oneils navy tracksuit bottoms that are too long and scraping off the ground with all frayed bits on the end oh and usually a hoodie, even in the rain they wear these bottoms.,
    anyone else know the type im on about.,lol., you'll see loads of them in town.,

Hey, Im one of those guys though I havent worn my O'Neills in about a year :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

janeybabe wrote: »
    I thought Uggs had gone out of fashion? Maybe I'm just out of fashion!

Yesterday I saw a woman in her 50s wearing UGGS on Rathmines Rd. Usually that's a sign that a fashion is dying/dead. When youth fashion starts to be adopted by the likes of Pamela Anderson and older it's a sign that the fashion cycle is nearing the end.
    Cremo wrote: »
    what i don't get is with this freezing weather these boots are actually quite practical, but then girls aren't the smartest so they don't cover their legs. it makes no sense.

btw this isn't a complaint :p

I was at a fashion trade show in Las Vegas recently and heard for the first time the term "Eskiho". It was used to describe those who dress in UGGS and short skirts even in bitterly cold weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

These same people could be seen standing outside clubs and pubs all over the country on Saturday night. Some were beUgged, some were temporarily bereft of their Uggs. The common denominator was the fact that they were inappropriately dressed in short skirts and shorts, chattering teeth and a blue tinge to their skin. If these people don't abandon their idea of fashion on a cold, windy night in December, I suppose they'll keep wearing those atrocious abominations for as long as they're "in". There's nothing 90% of males who find them rank can do. They're the Uggliest fashion item on the market after leggings. That really is an indictment.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah no they are grand, they are a way to help me know who to stay clear off. :P

Was a 50yr old woman wearing them beside me on teh train yesterday, drinking a can of beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

A missed opportunity, or did you introduce yourself?:D
    Seriously though, they do say the difference between a fox and a dog is only ten pints.....I think you're supposed to drink them though:D

:D

I Just Bought My Fifth Pair Of Uggs Today!!!! :D

Note///// They're All Real!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Lol, beat you to it. I got my fifth pair about a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Are they all the same colour i.e. you wear one pair to death and keep buying replacements?

Madness.

/goes to switch to the blue classics with the yellow stripes. the white with green stripes clashed with the decor :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The boxers I'm wearing have a small hole in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

Bring back the f**k me boots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Uggs are fashion gone wrong. They weren't designed to be worn around the streets of Dublin in the pissing rain. I used to work in Footlocker in the city and the amount of D4 oompa loompas that came in almost in tears looking for suede cleaner was hilarious. Like they didn't think they would get stained! They're a comfort boot to be worn in either warm weather (i.e. not Ireland) or an indoor environment.

And people have the cheek to give out about skangers wearing their pj's to the shop

connundrum wrote: »
    Are they all the same colour i.e. you wear one pair to death and keep buying replacements?

Madness.

/goes to switch to the blue classics with the yellow stripes. the white with green stripes clashed with the decor :o

Yeah 5 pairs ???
    What ones are they? a variation of small reg and tall in diff colours?

Oh yea??

Well....

Ha! I just thought of something, seeing as you bought your fifth pair a month ago and I just bought mine yesterday, that means my fifth pair is cleaner than yours so HA! :D

I'll start off....Chocolate -> Small
    Tan -> Small
    Bage -> Tall
    Black -> Small
    Chocolate -> Tall

Chocloate is defo the best !!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Oh yea??

Well....

Ha! I just thought of something, seeing as you bought your fifth pair a month ago and I just bought mine yesterday, that means my fifth pair is cleaner than yours so HA! :D

I'll start off....Chocolate -> Small
    Tan -> Small
    Bage -> Tall
    Black -> Small
    Chocolate -> Tall

Chocloate is defo the best !!! :D

I have Chocolate in Short,
    Sand in Short,
    Black * 2 in Tall (one good pair, one older pair that can get dirty if needs be)
    Chestnut in Tall

Also have the Black Nomad boots from Love from Australia, the quality wasn't half as good even though the price was the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i dont get it, isnt the lining supposed to be on the inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I tend to dress casual, i hate the way theres like this style to keep up with, the spikey hair, combats tucked in your socks thing going on? Fashion has changed hugely the past few years.

And yes them boots are only worn by clones 'D4 birds with bronzer and messed up out of bed hair' :rolleyes: you would though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I personally think they're awful.

And do they not reek?!

I mean, I thankfully don't have a foot odour problem - in fact the opposite, my feet get too dry all together, but I bought a pair of black good-quality suede boots in Office a couple of years ago and they were heavenly comfy but they stank! I had to throw them out after a few weeks. They wouldn't have lasted a couple of hours on a person who is prone to stinky feet.

They seem to absorb the sweat and moister, creating a horrible stench that could kill a dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

You know what are rotten? Skinny jeans. Every girl looks like a f*cking chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I love my uggs and i don't mind if my legs look fat at all

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Uggs looked retarded even on Captain Kirk in space siberia or wherever the hell he was. Anyone who goes in on this Ugg boot fad should be shot in the face from point blank range with a very big gun.
    You see all these girls walking around, in ugg boots, tights and a miniskirt, or tucking their trendy jeans into them or wearing fecking shorts with them, thinking that they look sooooo cool. and all you can do is laugh at how wrong they got it and then cry for the sick state of the world that these people are allowed to live.
    Edit.
    But perhaps I am being unfair. Lets see what the fairminded folk of urban dictionary think?
    Oh right. They agree with me.
    Cos ugg boots suck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Tiny shorts with stillettos.
    Tiny skirts with knee high boots.
    Uggs with skinny jeans!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No! Take those Uggs, and those skinny jeans and burn them. Then we will let you back into the world. Or at least my world. A lonely but very well run place where anyone who steps out of line gets.... well I already told you about the very big gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

skinny jeans are fine.

its skin tight jeans on women who are fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

How many gob****es here have the new look mullet?? Do you think it looks good??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Probably not. But when something's in fashion - i.e. fashion magazines and high street shops tell you so, some people use doublethink and what they hated five minutes ago is now something they like. E.g. cowboy boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Dudess wrote: »
    Probably not. But when something's in fashion - i.e. fashion magazines and high street shops tell you so, some people use doublethink and what they hated five minutes ago is now something they like. E.g. cowboy boots.

If fashion magazines told the D4's or whoever reads them to jump of a cliff, many problems would be solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I was in Dublin there on Wednesday and Thursday, Jaysus there's a lot of these still. It's been over two years now and they're still floating about.

Next time I go I'm gonna count how many peeps I see that wear the boots with A and F hoodies!

• Advertisement

Dun laoire wrote: »
    It looks crap, if you did that 2 years ago you would be called a muppet and would be un-cool, i bet there will be a new hairstyle soon enough.

Scumbags wearing combats and having mohawks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Ewww, theyre icky. I think their popularity can be linked to this thread

Tasteless methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My granny had UGG boots years ago. I mean, they obviously weren't the UGG brand, but they were basically the same thing. UGGs are what old people used to wear to keep warm in the winter.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Dun laoire wrote: »

Jayz they're everywhere!! Was in the city centre the other day and it was like bein' at a " Kajagoogoo Convention" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

when do you think the trend will die off?

• Advertisement
Advertisement