Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want a service provider for Data only SIM cards

Options
  • 20-12-2007 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody knew of a service provider who covers Ireland with the following requirements.

I will be supplying customers with GPRS enabled devices, these will be deployed in batches of 100. Each device will obviously have it's own GPRS modem & SIM card. The data transfer rates will be very low per unit, 10-50kB per month would be way over the top on an individual basis.

What I would like to do is have one central data tarrif that I am responsible for. So that I pay the data charges to the provider. I would purchase my 100 SIM cards and distribute them as I see fit, and I would in turn get paid a flat monthly fee from each of the users. There would never be any voice or SMS required on these SIMs, purely data.

There's a US company called Jasper Wireless who provide this service but I'm not sure if it's available in Ireland.

Anybody have any experience of this themselves or know of a company who provides this?

Thanks

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Look at the "Light" plan here: http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Business/Price+Plans/Old+price+plans/3G+data+card+tariffs

You only pay for what you use.
    To get set up on the plans below please contact our dedicated Business Team on 1800 2000 16 or email business@o2.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody knew of a service provider who covers Ireland with the following requirements.

I will be supplying customers with GPRS enabled devices, these will be deployed in batches of 100. Each device will obviously have it's own GPRS modem & SIM card. The data transfer rates will be very low per unit, 10-50kB per month would be way over the top on an individual basis.

What I would like to do is have one central data tarrif that I am responsible for. So that I pay the data charges to the provider. I would purchase my 100 SIM cards and distribute them as I see fit, and I would in turn get paid a flat monthly fee from each of the users. There would never be any voice or SMS required on these SIMs, purely data.

There's a US company called Jasper Wireless who provide this service but I'm not sure if it's available in Ireland.

Anybody have any experience of this themselves or know of a company who provides this?

Thanks

M

Call the business customer contact number of O2/VFE and they will get someone from to discuss with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭nohopengn

I'm looking for something similar - the only difference is that I'll be using about 250KB - 1MB per day (further testing will give me exact reuiqments). I spoke to O2 and they are sending out a rep. - I'll let u know what deals they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AR2013

Hi,

Did anyone find a service provider that can offer cheap data that can be shared over multiple sims on an account. We are offering GPS tracking and we are finding it very hard to get a good package.

thanks

Advertisement