Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

desperately seeking a turkey! -Galway area

Options
  • 20-12-2007 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

So a mate of mine has just recently moved to Galway city. His partner is due to give birth a couple of days after Christmas so he is on chrimbo dinner duty. Trouble is what with the move down there he never thought to order a turkey! He's been desparately trying every supermarket & butcher he knows of in Galway city all day but appears nowhere has any left. Ideally he's looking for a medium sized free-range bird but he'll take whatever he can get. Anyone got any ideas where he might snag one? His gf had her heart set on a traditional crimbo dinner:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've moved this to Galway City flybynight, hopefully you'll find one.

I've left a redirect in Food & Drink, it can still be seen there if anyone has any ideas. Good luck with the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Try McGeoughs or Finnerty's butchers in Oughterard, both of them have great customer service and might be able to sort them out. Was in McGeoughs this morning and couldn't get out of the place, the owner was so busy telling me what went well with the dried lamb and beef I was buying! (BTW the dried lamb is awesome, I highly recommend it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Dunnes Stores in Westside are selling fresh and frozen Turkeys by the truckload, loads of them available, trust me i know!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The Butchers across from Tesco are closing their orders tommorow and thats a great f'in butchers If I was you I'd go there

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭flybynight

Thanks to all for the info. Hopefully they'll get sorted with a decent bird now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Wompa1 wrote: »
    The Butchers across from Tesco are closing their orders tommorow and thats a great f'in butchers If I was you I'd go there

feckin' mad prices though. rarely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

flybynight wrote: »
    Ideally he's looking for a medium sized free-range bird but he'll take whatever he can get. Anyone got any ideas where he might snag one?

Marks & Spencers had loads yesterday, both organic free range & regular free range.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I ordered mine over the phone from Joyces today and they said they'd deliver it free tomorrow or Monday as I wanted. They might still be worth a try tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Did ya get one?

Advertisement