Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Check In

Options
  • 20-12-2007 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Bought my ticket online a while ago but chose 0 Bags to check in at airport by default. Searched Ryanair site but to be quite honest it isn't that well navigateable. Since I need to check in a bag now, am I able to change that when I go to the airport to check in and can I pay there or do I have to go through a long lenghty process in order to resolve this?

Thanks. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

If you ring the Ryanair reservations desk (:eek:), I would imagine you can add a bag now. AFAIK they charge more for turning up with a bag, than if you pay for it before your flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Try clicking on the link on the left hand side of the site that says Review/Change Flights, might be an option to add a bag.

Failing that, try giving them a call, or you can just show up at the airport. You need to go to the ticket desk first, get a receipt for the bag charge, then go and check in. Prices are between 50% and 100% more for doing it at the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Alright, I'll just go and buy it at the check in time.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pm1979

thats right I did it christmas eve at the airport it was 12 or 15 euro. Annoying when you consider the flight itself was only about 30.

Sick of ryanair (not for that reason in particular, but find the raffle and american messages mid flight after landing etc pretty annoying)

got the ex national airline going the other way 4 times the price, with almost exactly 1/4 the crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

pm1979 wrote: »
    thats right I did it christmas eve at the airport it was 12 or 15 euro. Annoying when you consider the flight itself was only about 30.

Sick of ryanair (not for that reason in particular, but find the raffle and american messages mid flight after landing etc pretty annoying)

got the ex national airline going the other way 4 times the price, with almost exactly 1/4 the crap.
    You can change the luggage online from their "Review/Change Flights" section.

Ryanair can be considerably cheaper than Aerlingus (not always mind you). I usually just watch a movie on my laptop or listen to music to not have to listen to the shopping mall that is a Ryanair flight so it doesnt matter to me about the recorded messages.

There are a few things I do like about Ryanair though. People seem to get onto the airplane and settle quicker because you cannot prepick the seats and because they check your boarding card entering the gate rather than exiting the gate. Also you can bring 10Kgs onto the airplane with Ryanair whereas it is only 6 Kgs with aerlingus. That means that I can survive with just 10kgs and not have to check in baggage at the airport saving 18 euro in a return flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

axer wrote: »
    Also you can bring 10Kgs onto the airplane with Ryanair whereas it is only 6 Kgs with aerlingus. That means that I can survive with just 10kgs and not have to check in baggage at the airport saving 18 euro in a return flight.
    Well from experience I've found aerlingus not to be too strict on the whole 6kg limit, plus you can get 20kg for check-in baggage compared to 15kg for ryanair - given that pretty much everything is banned from carry-on luggage this does make a big difference

Advertisement