Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic Corps?

Options
  • 20-12-2007 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

is it only the traffic corps can stop you for a motoring offence?

Today coming up the N9 there were 2 mondeos 3 aerials on each cruising along at 100kph. a van and a car overtook them on a single white line, one of the garda cars even pulled into the hard shoulder to let them by.

should they not have pulled the drivers overtaking them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

they were probably detectives or some other unit..

I think any of them can stop you but only some actually bother

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

jameshayes wrote: »
    they were probably detectives or some other unit..

I think any of them can stop you but only some actually bother

Yeh i think they were dectives 3 in each car. but it's still a motoring offence they could take the reg's even and report them or something. I don't know just thought it was obvious they were cops and wierd that they let the drivers away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

There's a lot of the older Gardai who are sensible, who don't always do things by the rules. Instead they use common sense. These are the Gardai who wouldn't bat an eyelid to 110 kph on a dual carriageway.

On the other hand, you have those gardai fresh out of Templemore....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

patrickc wrote: »
    is it only the traffic corps can stop you for a motoring offence?

Today coming up the N9 there were 2 mondeos 3 aerials on each cruising along at 100kph. a van and a car overtook them on a single white line, one of the garda cars even pulled into the hard shoulder to let them by.

should they not have pulled the drivers overtaking them?

Did they pull out in front of oncoming traffic to overtake them?

In fairness, and especially if the Guards moved into the hard shoulder to accomodate the overtake then I can't see anything wrong with it. Big deal if they were going a little bit above the speed limit.. obviously conditions allowed for it.

I'd hardly think any Guard would be bothered to pull someone over for that. Though in this situation where they were all travelling together for one of them to stop they all would have to do, so 9 detectives stopping someone for what offence? Imagine the boll*cking they would get from the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah daily Traffic Corps rant eh? OK.. my turn.

Passed the Garda station in Blanch about an hour ago. Traffic backed all the way up the Clonsilla Road. Where is our fresh faced Garda? Why she's standing on the path at the lights watching the mess - where she is every day in fact! :rolleyes:

Isn't it great to see such value for money/taxation? :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement