Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Luxury Crisps

• 20-12-2007 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

What's so luxury about them? They don't have as much taste as normal king, thats all I can see.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

WindSock wrote: »
    What's so luxury about them? They don't have as much taste as normal king, thats all I can see.

Yeah I agree, maybe it's something to do with how they make them, wearing crowns or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Bigger bag, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

Damn you, I'm hungry now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A Luxury crisp truly fit for a King. We add an extra special cheese and onion flavouring to the potato to create a small batch of this finely hand selected product.

http://www.kingcrisps.ie/range/range.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

bet they come from the same batch...just take extra care removing the burnt ones!

• Advertisement

prendy wrote: »
    bet they come from the same batch...just take extra care removing the burnt ones!

But Mr. Marketing Man says they are extra special

Just like "new & improved" means "cheaper & nastier"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

rubadub wrote: »
    "new & improved"
    I hate this.

Something cannot be both "new" and "improved".

Improved implies old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah that new and improved paradox always grinds my gears too.
    So they just use an extra special cheese and onion flavour then? ok so.

WindSock wrote: »
    So they just use an extra special cheese and onion flavour then? ok so.

Yep, extra special, and the pub crisps have a unique chese and onion flavour!
    Mention the words King Crisps to a friend and the following words are usually about King Pub! Above all King Crisps are known for their unique Cheese and Onion flavour. Second to that would be King Pub, a tasty 50g bag made for treating yourself when you’ve time to relax.

While normal ones are extra cheesy
    King Cheese and Onion combine a highly guarded recipe with the tastiest, crunchiest, freshest potatoes, to give that extra cheesy, cheese and onion taste. Anything less wouldn’t be fit the King.

Probably some secret blend of sodium monogodknowwhatitis and dye 6032A

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

They are pub crisps so they usually have more salt in them thats why they taste different. This makes you drink more and keeps the barman happy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement