Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Position of cores on a Quad

• 20-12-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Does anyone know the numbering as in the position of cores 1,2,3,4 on the Intel quads?
    Like if you were looking at it face on would it be core 1 top left core 2 top right core 3 bottom left etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Left-to-right -> 0-1-2-3

img2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

if you are installing a waterblock it supposed to perform better if you mount in vertical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

Nice one.

just repositioned my fans and noticing one couple 2 degrees cooler than the other 2 on idle.

amazing when moving the fans the difference.

no watercooling for me yet.yet!:)

Edit.its the two on the outside that are cooler 1 and 4.mmh?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

could be a tiny imperfection in the center of the IHS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

most quads experience this, 1 or 2 cpres slightly hotter then the others by 1-2 degrees

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yep, my quad has as much as 5-6c difference between them when under load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Anti wrote: »
    yep, my quad has as much as 5-6c difference between them when under load.

same with my old qx6700, it must be to do with the core not having decent contact with the IHS, maybe if that was removed it would be better :-p

Advertisement